Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Jeep Cherokee Side Marker Light no light socket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Jeep Cherokee Side Marker Light no light socket?

Purchased new corner side indicator lenses for jeep Xj Cherokee 95 , but they have no hole socket???.....everywhere i go to purchase new lens housings have the lamp sockets blocked WTF?
Old 11-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Sure its not just a sticker? When I got new ones they had them blocked off to keep dirt and junk from getting in them but it comes off.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:41 AM

Default Xj 95 jeep cherokee outer turn signal lenses

Hey boo, thanks for the reply, Nah, isn't a sticker, many i find on Ebay and parts suppliers have them as a reflector only, mine is wired up as turn signal for the right outside corners, but don't know why all the ones listed online are just reflectors, just trying to find a set of two left and right outer indicator lenses that will take a lamp, also having trouble finding a pair of parking lamp/turn signals as well, im kinda scratching my head here as im not sure if i have to look specifically for US VERSIONS of these lens assemblies, as im starting to think possibly these are only a US version, thing is my jeep is a US version and is wired up that way,
eg: USA VERSION
(A) amber lights under the headlights acts as parking lights and turn signal flasher.
(B) side corner lights also a turn signal.
Most UK or Australian VERSIONS
(A) Amber lights under the headlights acts as a turn signal only and remains off while driving at night
(B) side corner lights (not sure if UK and Australian versions are just reflector lenses.

im going to attach a picture of what im after below with the Light Sockets

Corner outer Turn Signal Assemblys for Jeep Cherokee XJ 1995

and this is all i find listed nowadays online are reflectors with blocked lamp sockets

XJ Cherokee outer Corner turn signal replacements (WITH BLOCKED LAMP SOCKETS)

Ive actually got stuck ordering online and shipped out these with blocked lamp sockets which are useless to me, and now everywhere i find some listed i ask the sellers if they have the lamp sockets and they say no.
so im stumped here wondering where on the planet can i find somewhere to purchase a pair of new or second hand indicator light assemblies that will have the lamp socket option for my jeep.

i also need a set of new Parking light (under headlight) assemblies also, just hard to find the right ones downunder because my XJ is a US model and is wired up that way as a US turn signal set up.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 234 Likes on 207 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55208_800.htm

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55208_801.htm

About $8 each plus shipping. I can confirm that these will work as I bought the passenger side one for my 95 and it was an exact fit.

Edit - You're dealing with the fact that there is an "Export" version and "Non-Export" version of the part. The links I've provided are for the U.S. version with the 194 bulb that functions as a parking light and turn signal.

Last edited by PatHenry; 11-14-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM
CF Veteran

The under headlight lens is:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55206_800.htm

https://www.quadratec.com/products/55206_801.htm

You don't have to order from Quadratec (although they're a great company), you can always grab the Crown part number and search for it on Amazon or from another retailer.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:14 PM

WOW PAT !!!!!!......thanks so much for your help with the links, Awesome, no i didn't know about the export versions.
although i started to surmise and thought it might have had something to do with that, now you just clarified my suspicions, Thankyou, i thought i was going insane with it,
although many Cherokees out here (AUS) and (UK) differ from US models, my actual vehicle is wired up as a US Version and is why kept getting bum steered when calling into parts shops down here,
So thanks for clarifying that it was the different country export versions of the Cherokee.

will take note from now on when searching for parts to go USA for them for my Cherokee then.

here and online.

Good to know, thanks heaps Pat !
Old 11-14-2018, 02:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by BooGTS
Sure its not just a sticker? When I got new ones they had them blocked off to keep dirt and junk from getting in them but it comes off.
That is so funny. When I first unboxed my tail lights I glanced at them quick, I bought the ones that did away with the amber in them, and I was like there is no hole. When I actual looked I saw it was sticker. DUH!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:34 PM
CF Veteran

Hahaha - anytime man.

I didn't know there was an "export" version either until looking at quadratec and seing they had listings for "export version" and assuming that was the difference.

It makes sense that retailers in Australia would assume export version if that's what most of the local XJ's are. So you just have to check the part numbers for the U.S. version (look out for RHD (right hand drive) if your steering wheel is on the right side of the Jeep (when sitting inside)).

When I bought my 95 it was missing the bezel and that sidemarker, so it was one of the first fixes I had to do to pass inspection. I grabbed the pigtail from a junkyard and that little bit of extra wire makes it a heck of a lot easier to deal with that little light.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:45 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Ralph77
That is so funny. When I first unboxed my tail lights I glanced at them quick, I bought the ones that did away with the amber in them, and I was like there is no hole. When I actual looked I saw it was sticker. DUH!
The sidemarker (at least the Crown brand one) comes with nothing but the assembly - no sticker, no screws, just the assembly.
In my case it didn't matter since the bezel wasn't even pre-threaded (and the sidemarker just screws into the bezel) so I just went to my local Ace Hardware and found a pair of stainless steel screws that fit. It works perfectly though and I've taken it apart a few times since the original installation.