Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Got a great deal on some new suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Got a great deal on some new suspension.

Hey guys, Today I got a great deal on some new suspension. My suspension is all original and its not the off road kit suspension either. I have a 1.5 budget boost, but my rear springs are so sagged that I had to put some helper springs in just to get it level again. Today on craigslist I found a guy selling some stock suspension parts. Turns out that it is all form the off road kit and it was all replaced about a year ago. So its all basically new. especially compared to the stuff I had. My control arms were shot too, so I'm pretty stoked. Got the control arms, front springs and rear leafs for 140. Not to bad considering what I would have to pay for new stuff. I really want to do a lift, but I think this will do for now. Just wanted to share my good fortune. Thanks for listening.
Brendan
Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered Users

Year: 1992

Originally Posted by BBPeik
Hey guys, Today I got a great deal on some new suspension. My suspension is all original and its not the off road kit suspension either. I have a 1.5 budget boost, but my rear springs are so sagged that I had to put some helper springs in just to get it level again. Today on craigslist I found a guy selling some stock suspension parts. Turns out that it is all form the off road kit and it was all replaced about a year ago. So its all basically new. especially compared to the stuff I had. My control arms were shot too, so I'm pretty stoked. Got the control arms, front springs and rear leafs for 140. Not to bad considering what I would have to pay for new stuff. I really want to do a lift, but I think this will do for now. Just wanted to share my good fortune. Thanks for listening.
Brendan
what are you talking about? jeep never made a offroad kit. they made a upcountry upgrade.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 PM

Call it whatever you want, but they had a package that was an upgrade. It came with the skid plates, better shocks and springs, Heavy duty charging and some other goodies. I have it on my invoice.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 PM

My jeep came with all the kit except the suspension part. Just to clear things up.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered Users

Call it whatever you want, but they had a package that was an upgrade. It came with the skid plates, better shocks and springs, Heavy duty charging and some other goodies. I have it on my invoice.
so its an upcountry upgrade. I still dont understand why you are happy? factory it gives you minimal lift. I guess since your stock suspension is shot you have extra parts........
Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 PM

I apologize. I looked at my invoice. XJoffroad you are right. I just thought it was called the off road package, but its the upcountry package. I thought that was what it was called in later years. did not know it was called that all along. Anyway sorry about the confusion, but I am still stoled about the suspension.
Thanks and again sorry
Brendan
Old 05-27-2010, 11:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoy my 96 Country with UpCountry. Never seen one like mine and the 97+ sport/classic's are dime a dozen. Did you get the skids?

Edit: It was always called UpCountry. No biggie. Ford mainly uses the 'Off Road' package name plate.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered Users

I apologize. I looked at my invoice. XJoffroad you are right. I just thought it was called the off road package, but its the upcountry package. I thought that was what it was called in later years. did not know it was called that all along. Anyway sorry about the confusion, but I am still stoled about the suspension.
Thanks and again sorry
Brendan
no need to apologize! we are all learning
Old 05-27-2010, 11:12 PM

Im just glad that my car wont be wandering all over the road because of shot control arms. Until I get a lift this will have to do.
Brendan
Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 PM

trs80 IMine came with all the skids. Mine was just lacking the suspension for some reason. Some weird factory thing or something.
Brendan