Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Front Wipers INOP - other systems do they share?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Front Wipers INOP - other systems do they share?

Greetings,
New to this forum after buying a '91 Cherokee Briarwood 2 days ago. I had two goals yesterday - cleaning the interior and swapping out the drivers seat belt receiver (female side) as the one in the truck wouldn't function. While working with my 16 year old daughter, she wanted to play music on radio via ACC key position, so I decided to pull the annoying door buzzer (small grey metal plug-in device in fuse panel row closest to the floor). That didn't kill it so I pulled a larger buzzer with more than 2 blades from the lower drivers side just above the plastic kick panel cover. That killed the door buzzer. Later, I removed the single rear seat safety belt receiver to put into the drivers position. To do this I cut the two black wires within the plastic cover, assuming these were only for sensing the seat belt connection. This morning, the front wipers do not function. Do the wipers share circuitry with either the seat belt sensor or either of these buzzers?

Thanks,
Franz
Old 03-19-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The "pulse wiper" module is right down there, also. It may have gotten jostled loose or unplugged by accident.

I'll post a pic of mine when I'm home.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My 96 is being parted right now, so I can't show the exact position in context, but it's part of the harness that goes up the steering column.

It's got a velcro patch on the reverse side, so it sits up on top of the lower plastic metal panel piece:

So again, that's not "installed" but if you can extrapolate, that's where the module sits. Some of the connector wires might've gotten snagged-- the buzzer module on mine was pretty stubborn to come out.

Last edited by jessenator; 03-19-2018 at 07:57 PM.