Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Clutch issue help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Exclamation Clutch issue help!

Ok guys going to try and make this short ok so I bought a 91 Cherokee and guy said it needed a throw out bearing I drove it like 30 minutes home and only lost clutch once so I tore it down replaced rear main it was wet and put new pilot bearing flywheel arp flywheel bolts clutch and throw out bearing that came with a little slave cylinder in it I got it all put back together and was bleeding it and fluid started coming out of bell housing bummer so I took trans back out and the throw out bearing apparently came off the pin holding it which is a stupid design but anyway the bearing was crooked and had to get it just right to go back in and out so got a new one put a zip tie on the end of the pin and put it back in and it did the same thing leaked again so I've left it alone for now I did notice the crank may have had too much front to back play would that cause an issue if the thrust bearings are bad? the throw out bearing that was in it when I bought it was completely dry and did not leak so can anyone tell me what my problem is? Thanks in advance