Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Broken Horn Button

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6 4.0L High Output
Default Broken Horn Button

Ok so last week my ignition switch went bad and i couldnt turn the key at all because the linkage from the lock cylinder didnt have anywhere to go in the switch. i gave up on taking it apart because i didnt want to break something my self or anything like that so the local locksmith that lives 3 houses down came over and did everything and put the steering wheel back on and it worked great. so yesterday i pull the steering wheel off and try to line it up straight with the wheels and steering wheel. In the process of turning the wheel to get it where i wanted it i broke the horn button switch clean off the piece under the horn sensor thing so now when i hit the center of the wheel the horn doesnt work. can i take a switch and wire it up before the horn relay and have that work or maybe have a switch in the floorboard like the older ford trucks for the wipers? I have 6 horns from xj's from the junkyard on the same wire too by the way it sounds like a freight train, well sounded...