Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Advertising Q...

Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 AM
jam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 sport
Default Advertising Q...

Hey guys and girls, not been on here in a while and feel sad everytime i get an email saying.. Updated, ,, what you do to your Jeep today. lol

I had just rebuilt my 94 2.5cc with xj leather seats and welded new floor , brakes /pipes/ after 1 year got her through the MOT in the uk, drove it for only 2 weeks then moved to China Shenzhen to source products for an online retail shop. Been here near 2 years now and in jan 2013 i will have the shop bulit. Which leads me to the Q....

I came across a few Chinese guys here that own and only drive Jeep .. and after looking at there Jeep i seen a few add on,s that looked cool, like Mirrors that look so cool i had to go chat with the guys, and my CHinese is so bad, thank god i had my girlfriend with me who has been here 12 years , turns out one of the guys runs his own business from Shenzhen bringing Jeep parts from Beijing, i not went to this guys office yet but i want to know if i can advertise the jeep parts on this site or even if some of you guys would be interested in cheap parts that come from China.

Anyway, look forward to your reply,s.. Jam.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0

Depends on what they where.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993

In the past I've seen the front clips from over there sell like hot cakes...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

Originally Posted by lowrange2
In the past I've seen the front clips from over there sell like hot cakes...
On another forum there were some Chinese snorkels that sold VERY well. Half-to-third of the price of an ARB Safari. It's just molded plastic, can't screw it up that bad lol.

I realize most parts come from China anyway, the whole question is QA. OP, if its really cheap you might get a pretty bad rap on here as this community tends toward American made products. But if quality is good, well, look at how many people use iPhones!

Do any of your newfound friends have a Jeep 2500 XJ?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to have him make the stupid center console / arm rest bracket that's **** poorly designed and breaks on every single XJ. Every cherokee I've seen has a loose and wobbly center console because of it.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muaddib420
You need to have him make the stupid center console / arm rest bracket that's **** poorly designed and breaks on every single XJ. Every cherokee I've seen has a loose and wobbly center console because of it.
This^^^^ so flimsy
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1991

Mine doesn't, but then I put fender washers under the screw heads. So it doesn't open up the orginal mounting holes.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Yeeesss
Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM
CF Veteran

Year: '99 and '91

On the console bracket tip... you guys might want to check out this if you haven't yet.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/1998-center-console-bracket-147653/

And what kind of Chinese parts are you talking about?
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Originally Posted by DieselD
On the console bracket tip... you guys might want to check out this if you haven't yet.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/showthread.php?t=147653

And what kind of Chinese parts are you talking about?
Derp, I misread the post. That bracket is an excellent idea, but I thought he was referring to the LATCH that keeps the lid down and lets the armrest slide all over the place
Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 PM
CF Veteran

Year: '99 and '91

Ah, Velcro it. That's what I did. Lol

Sorry for the small hijack.

Return to Chinese parts...
Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 AM
jam

Year: 1994
Engine: 2.5 sport
Default Parts,

Thanks for the reply guys, and i will try to answer all of the above.

Depending what parts.....
For now i will stick to simple parts such as, Spot lights/ Snorkel kits/ etc,

In answer to American parts and Chinese parts i have the answer to that and this might seem a bit strange to some of you. lol.

The Chinese offer most parts under whats called OEM, short for, {Original Equipment Manufacturer} Which means i can name this product as my own brand product which frightens the life out of most people, there,s all kinds of contracts to be signed and insurance to cover all sorts of wrong doings. That is the reason for now i will stick to the simple products, i have also been offered wheels for jeeps with British approval stamp for QC.

So going back to the OEM, I can also finish the product with my own two hands, doing this would allow me to then stamp it, British Made and this has being going on for some time with other companies, haa hmm err,, Apple. shhh. lol

The best thing i like about China as to be the easy going of them, you got money you got no problems setting up a production line here inside one of there factory,s making your own parts with all the staff you need and your own QC Manager in place.

But i getting of topic again, lol Ok what i going to do is get the hold of my Chinese English buddie and set a meeting up with this guy to see all the parts he got to offer, looking at his Jeep he can get lifting kits and all sorts of other parts.

In answer to the snorkel with no fitting brackets, that,s just plan stupid hahaha I was a Welder / engineer for 16 years so looking at what i buying and seeing if its easy to fit or under another contact that can be signed i can help these guys improve the finish product.
So going back to my problem.. how would i be able to advertise my own brand products? There is business here to be had guys and with the people that own and run the site, for one once my website is up and going i could add a link to this site from the Jeep section and offer discount for for people within here.

I like the arm rest idea guys, if come across an after market product or a factory making plenty of parts i will be sure to let them them know on the problem cause mine is broke to. hahah.

Thanks guys for your reply,s look forward to reading reply,s.