Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

AC unit/Power window help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: In line 6
Default AC unit/Power window help

Hey all,

So a little about my situation... I just acquired a 2000 Cherokee Sport (couldn't stay away from the Jeep brand) that is really awesome to drive. It came with a lot of goodies, but the problem is is that the AC doesn't work, and both rear passenger-side windows won't roll down (did I mention it's also hot as hell right now?). I did some basic research and it looks like I may need to charge my AC unit. As for the power windows, I possibly narrowed it down to the power control module that connects to the motor. I'm not 100% sure on either of these, so I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has some experience with these problems. Thanks in advance!

-Corbin
Old 09-14-2014, 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 300 Likes on 249 Posts
Year: 1997 (RHD)
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0 ltr

welcome to the forum.
Do you know if your AC had been working before you bought it? Low or no refridge gas can make your AC not wanting to work, so that would be a first thing to verify

Do your passenger windows not roll down at all, or only not rolling down when operated from their own switches but do roll down when operated from the driver console?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: In line 6

Thanks!

Appreciate the quick reply. Yeah I'll buy an AC charge kit and see if that works. To the best of my knowledge, it didn't work when I got it.

As for the passenger windows, they don't roll down from their own switches OR the driver side control. However, the rear driver side window still works fine. I've been doing some research and it sounds like the window lock button might be faulty?

Anyway, will recharge AC and post results.