Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LACK's 94 Country

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:12 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by LACK
I mocked it up a little bit tonight, definitely a very tight squeeze but it will fit. Going to build an adapter plate that bolts on to the bottom of the new seat and will bolt into the factory track.

I tacked one up tonight and then came inside because I was getting hangry.

This fusion seat is completely flat bottomed, the XJ seats are curved, going to take some creative work to get it to bolt up, but definitely doable.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of how far I got. Got it clamped to the base I made and put it in the jeep, the height/angle felt good.
Got the Ford Fusion seat bracket fitted up, welded out and finished. Fits extremely well, doesn't sit any higher than stock and it's a million times more comfortable. Adjustable lumbar support, nicer bolsters, wider bottom and the seat cushion extends further down the back of your thighs.

Had to trim a little bit of plastic so the factory slider handle had clearance. No big deal. Cleaned up the edges with some sand paper after I was happy with the amount of plastic I removed.

Picture of the bottom of the seat adapter mounted up.

Looking down at the base. Made the whole thing out of 3/16 channel. Should be very sturdy.

Picture in the jeep. (don't mind the dirty interior, its getting a deep cleaning when grinding/welding is done)

The trimming I did so the side of the seat would slide freely without contacting the lock pillar. I cut the plastic trim from the inside next to the seat so I could gain about a half inch.

Seatbelt fits and functions great, very easy to reach the buckle. Nothing in the way.

Picture of the back seat, leg room is comparable to stock.

All the seat controls are very easily accessible. Only functionality I lost was the power adjustment obviously. The recline and lumbar support are manual, and the new seat uses the factory track to slide back and forth.
Looks good man! Kudos on fabbing something to reuse those curved sliders. I didn't even want to bother... of course my fab skills aren't at your level lol. For my ZJ seats, I got a couple of sliders from a late model XJ ('00) and some 4x2 scrap that I'm going to cut down into 2x2 and weld to the floor to make the front mounting surface for them.

Only thing that sucks is, I'm going to have to wire up a couple momentary switches for the seat backs on them. They're both 6-way power seats on manual sliders.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1994

Originally Posted by Basslicks
Looks good man! Kudos on fabbing something to reuse those curved sliders. I didn't even want to bother... of course my fab skills aren't at your level lol. For my ZJ seats, I got a couple of sliders from a late model XJ ('00) and some 4x2 scrap that I'm going to cut down into 2x2 and weld to the floor to make the front mounting surface for them.

Only thing that sucks is, I'm going to have to wire up a couple momentary switches for the seat backs on them. They're both 6-way power seats on manual sliders.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

It wasnt too bad, if the sliders were flat it sure would have made it nice though! I cut some spacers to keep the geometry and mating surface as good as I could get. The fasteners I used were much more beefy than the stockers, im not worried about structural integrity. Should be good to go.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 PM
CF Veteran

Got an email back from Robert @ RWK HAUS, then a follow up call to ensure I received his email with prepaid return label. They are cross shipping the correct gears for the 8.25 and emailed me a tracking number.

He was extremely helpful and very polite. Great customer service and responded within an hour.

Apparently RWK HAUS ships their products directly from randys ring and pinion. Would gladly do business with them again and it was a smokin deal.
Following up on this post. Received the correct gears today.

Robert upgraded me to a set of Yukon gears over the USA standards I ordered at no extra charge because of the mix up.

Very nice guy and great customer service. I'll definitely be ordering through them again if the need arises.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Robert upgraded me to a set of Yukon gears over the USA standards I ordered at no extra charge because of the mix up.

Very nice guy and great customer service. I'll definitely be ordering through them again if the need arises.
Very nice. I always order my gears from him. Great prices, fast shipping, and service. Always recommending to friends.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:13 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeepology
Very nice. I always order my gears from him. Great prices, fast shipping, and service. Always recommending to friends.
I can definitely vouch for that. Shipping was insanely fast, 24 hours from the time I placed the order the box was on my doorstep.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 AM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Good to know man.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
CF Veteran

Got parts to overhaul my valve cover, as well as the last component I need to button up my front axle after the re-gear.

OTA track bar kit will be here Friday, then the front axle will be complete.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L

Mmmmmm, lube lockers.... Hahaha! I'm definitely getting a set for my after winter maintenances.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:19 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by TFitzPat87
Mmmmmm, lube lockers.... Hahaha! I'm definitely getting a set for my after winter maintenances.
I took it out of the box to take a look at it because I've never used them before. Its a lot thinner than I expected but looked like very nice quality.

Thin metal frame with some rubber type material bonded to it.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:35 PM
CF Veteran

Some serious horsepower mods have gone down in the garage. I figure each sticker is good for +5 or so, the American flag being worth 10hp.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Got my felpro valve cover gasket installed tonight. I think what I thought to be a rear main seal leak was actually the back of the valve cover gasket spitting oil. We shall see. The whole engine bay will get a good cleaning once the suspension is under the jeep and I can move it out into the driveway.

Valve cover off after removing throttle/cruise control cables.

Old cork gasket was in horrible shape.

Valve cover all pretty now. Installed new grommets as well as a vent and PCV elbow.

New gasket fitted up to make sure it was the right direction.

All buttoned up. Let it run for 15 minutes or so and not a drop of oil oozed out. Hopefully that will be the end of my leaky valve cover.

Last edited by LACK; 01-12-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 379 Likes on 297 Posts
Year: 1987

I need to do the valve cover gasket too. Might be a possible rear main leak as well (or just look like one). Everything is covered in dirt and oil, so I cant tell. KOH is getting close. Hope you are all ready for it!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:13 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 783 Likes on 528 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Whenever you suspect a RMS leak on these rigs, as cruiser says, ALWAYS look up first. Start at the valve cover gasket, then go to the OFA, then RMS...chances are it's the first 2 of the 3. The way the engine sits forces any leaks to go right back to where the RMS is located, and is often misdiagnosed...and yes, I'm ready for the Hammers, hopefully my rig will be too...still haven't found time to get my lockers in, between work, family, and rain, I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever get done, LOL
Old 01-13-2017, 09:18 AM
CF Veteran

Here's a pic of the leak. Looks like the PO already had a felpro oil pan gasket installed, not sure about the RMS.

As you said, I figured id start high and with the easier fixes first before I tear into the RMS.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 379 Likes on 297 Posts
Year: 1987

Ya I will be busting out the pressure washer this weekend to clean up my engine. The front cover literally has 1/2" thick of junk on it. So much that the belt is cutting a groove in the junk. After it is all clean, I should be able to verify where the leak is at. I sure hope its just a valve cover gasket like yours!