Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

Infinity gold bypassed amp. Now rear speakers dont work

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.7 V8
Default Infinity gold bypassed amp. Now rear speakers dont work

All stock. Pretty sure amp was bad with only r/r spkr working. Cut both pins on amp, got two front door spkrs working and checks out with bal/fade. Not messing with tweets, as I couldn’t get any sound. But r/r did work, and now both rear door spkrs don’t work. Do the rear spkrs need the amp to work? Or can rear door spkrs work on stock head radio? It’s wired up right according to pin diagrams, however when I took rear doors off to look, both rear speakers have same color wires going to them. Happy I have the front two. Any ideas/advice on the rear ones would be greatly appreciated! Happy Easter!! Peter
Old 04-07-2018, 05:34 AM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I don't have an immediate answer but the following link to WJjeeps has all the wiring diagrams and pinouts for the WJ radio systems. Second link is for replacement amplifier.
http://www.wjjeeps.com/audiowire.htm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-...Zaup5e&vxp=mtr
Old 04-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Peter1969
All stock. Pretty sure amp was bad with only r/r spkr working. Cut both pins on amp, got two front door spkrs working and checks out with bal/fade. Not messing with tweets, as I couldn’t get any sound. But r/r did work, and now both rear door spkrs don’t work. Do the rear spkrs need the amp to work? Or can rear door spkrs work on stock head radio? It’s wired up right according to pin diagrams, however when I took rear doors off to look, both rear speakers have same color wires going to them. Happy I have the front two. Any ideas/advice on the rear ones would be greatly appreciated! Happy Easter!! Peter
I would just bypass stock Infinty AMP
run new speaker wires from new head unit to each speaker
I plan to do the same soon with a new Double Din Kenwood DVD and Focal speakers, JL Sub and amps
Old 04-08-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee(WJ)
Engine: 4.7 V8

Yup. Head unit/amp combined and head unit alone also has weird squiggly noise. I got the two front one’s working for now. End of the month I’ll replace radio. I have two r-Fosgate amps, one for the 4 reg spkrs, and 1 for the 10” sub/box that was in my old Taurus. Prolly blow the 4 stock speakers eventually. Later I’ll get 4 new speakers and wires. Just gotta research crutchfield and find radio that’s compatible with steering wheel controls and pick up wires for the 10’s and amp.