Modified Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ,WJ & WK aftermarket tech goes here All Modified, NON-OEM tech goes here. IE:Aftermarket Lifts, Shocks, Tires, Performance, etc..

aftermarket wheels fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2015
Model: Grand Cherokee(WK2)
Engine: 3.6L
Default aftermarket wheels fitment

looking at rims, and found some 20in 5x5. they are 10in wide and 0 offset.

this would be going on a 2015 wk2 limited 4x4 and use stock sized tires (for now)

any fitment issues?
Old 10-24-2017, 09:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by beason
looking at rims, and found some 20in 5x5. they are 10in wide and 0 offset.

this would be going on a 2015 wk2 limited 4x4 and use stock sized tires (for now)

any fitment issues?
Hope you don't mind me asking, but why 20 inch wheels on a 4X4? Just curious? Do you ever plan on taking this off the street at all?

Last edited by Bugout4x4; 10-24-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:26 AM

Dont mind at all. Valid question.

fact is, this is her daily. She wanted out of the compact car, and into something that she felt safer in. She was fed up with worrying every time it rained hard if she would be able to make it home from work, or if she would have to wait on the street flooding to go down.

She searched and searched, and originally wanted a 4runner, but this wk2 caught her eye. the only thing she isnt in love with is the rims.

this will primarily be her daily, as stated, but also a weekend road trip rig. She wanted 4x4 because we have discussed a move north (Colorado area) and having 4x4 in that area would be a requirement. also, the occasional beach trip. Same reasons i have a wrangler. We live in a hurricane zone, miles away from some of the most volatile chemical plants in the US. If something catastrophic happens, the last thing i want to worry about is my vehicles capabilities.

20s specifically because thats what it came with, and the tires are still like new. cheap way to upgrade to a look she prefers.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:52 AM
CF Veteran

Dont mind at all. Valid question.

fact is, this is her daily. She wanted out of the compact car, and into something that she felt safer in. She was fed up with worrying every time it rained hard if she would be able to make it home from work, or if she would have to wait on the street flooding to go down.

She searched and searched, and originally wanted a 4runner, but this wk2 caught her eye. the only thing she isnt in love with is the rims.

this will primarily be her daily, as stated, but also a weekend road trip rig. She wanted 4x4 because we have discussed a move north (Colorado area) and having 4x4 in that area would be a requirement. also, the occasional beach trip. Same reasons i have a wrangler. We live in a hurricane zone, miles away from some of the most volatile chemical plants in the US. If something catastrophic happens, the last thing i want to worry about is my vehicles capabilities.

20s specifically because thats what it came with, and the tires are still like new. cheap way to upgrade to a look she prefers.
Thank you, I see now but I am now curious if you have looked on the tire/pressure sticker on the driver's side door jam? It would be interesting to find out what this sticker says about tire size.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:16 AM
CF Veteran

But back to your original question about the bolt pattern. I'm not sure what pattern the new ones have but the older ones have a 5x4.5 pattern. It is easy to measure yours... Just measure from the center of one nut to the center of one opposite from it and it should be a measurement of 4.25. If this measures 4.25 then it is a 4.5 bolt circle.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 AM

i know the bolt patter is right, im more worried about the wider rim (8in stock vs 10in aftermarket) and the 0 offset. i think they are going to stick out 3 inches or so past the fender, and thats not the look we are going for.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:06 AM
CF Veteran

i know the bolt patter is right, im more worried about the wider rim (8in stock vs 10in aftermarket) and the 0 offset. i think they are going to stick out 3 inches or so past the fender, and thats not the look we are going for.
You may also have a rubbing issue while turning tight? But I am really curious about the door sticker, I can't believe they might be getting silly enough to put these out with 20" wheels as OEM.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:17 AM

i dont have a picture of the door sticker, but they are factory jeep wheels.

2015 jeep grand limited.
Attached Thumbnails aftermarket wheels fitment-jeep-20.jpg  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:27 AM
CF Veteran

i dont have a picture of the door sticker, but they are factory jeep wheels.

2015 jeep grand limited.
Thank you! OK it's one of those "I'll be darned" moments for me. lol It is another one of those cases where a fad related to "aesthetics" has dictated the market over all sensibility and practicality. The 18" option would be slightly better than the 20" option as far as practicality goes.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:03 AM
Old fart with a wrench

Received 723 Likes on 628 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Sport & WJ Laredo
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L

It seems if they are stock Jeep wheels, they were standard on the SRT if they are 20x10s. Check them out on wk2jeeps.com