Aftermarket electrical systems Aftermarket electronics only! stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Can you help me figure out the wiring to recline a power seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Can you help me figure out the wiring to recline a power seat

As the title says, I'm looking to hook up my newly acquired WJ power seat to a power source in order to adjust the incline of the seat. I don't want to wire everything so it's powered by the jeep's battery, I'll use a small 12v alarm battery (if possible) to do it once in a while.

I made an image below showing my (mis)understanding of the whole thing. At first I thought I could plug my battery to the power source and use a switch with the incline/recline functions, but I learned they have some sort of switch sense (sensor?).

Will I be able to do it the way I described (a simple power source & switch to the 3 motor wires), or the switch sense also needs to have some sort of power provided to it? It seems to come from two different harness/connectors as shown below, so I'd like to understand in order to do it right. The green connector plugged into the rail which is now removed because obviously I used the XJ rails.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cane; 04-29-2016 at 03:22 PM.