KL Cherokee Tech KL (14+)
2014 Cherokee Forum for all new KL and Cherokee Trailhawk discussion and tech information.

1st Trial on Trail 100 percent go

Old 07-30-2014, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2014
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.4 Tiger Shark
Default 1st Trial on Trail 100 percent go

Ok, im in the Appalachians. SWVA / KY line..
rough mountains to say the least.. and MY LIL KL KICKED THE CRAP OUTA one rough trail tonight.. only ATVs and horses have been up it lately.. its tight steep and rough terrain.. combination of a little bit of everything..
to say the least.. it impressed me, and several others they called it a i think i made a video.. not sure how it will turn out...
i dont have a way to upload from my canon to the net where i am now.. so next week i will try to post it.. its dark anyway so i will video it in the day saturday..

wurd
Old 07-31-2014, 07:11 AM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Looking forward to it.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO

Take plenty of pics, videos etc. Have fun and be safe
Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by cruiser54
Looking forward to it.
i care less about the on highway flaws now.. im keeping it.. it earned its keep last night..
Google Earth Cutters Creek, Jefferson National Forest route 622 in South Western part of Virginia on the Kentucky Line.. .. the trail is marked just past BUDDY Lane on the map.. i went about a mile past the Power LINES.. the trail does not end where it says on the map.. but take note.. this is not an easy trail.. it starts difficult and gets worse.. and their has not been a vehicle up it in a while.. only atvs and horses..

i got hung up a couple times but.. i just held the thing to the floor and it did its own thing.. thought about it.. and went on up and over!! i also put some nice beauty marks on it.. dont sell me a jeep with an offroad badge.. because i will test its metal.. and it went above and beyond what i thought it would do.. compared to my 96 XJ, i have to say the KL will go on the trail better stock..
It earned its keep.. and you couldnt slap the smile off my face today..
Old 07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by metalwonzero
i care less about the on highway flaws now.. im keeping it.. it earned its keep last night..
Google Earth Cutters Creek, Jefferson National Forest route 622 in South Western part of Virginia on the Kentucky Line.. .. the trail is marked just past BUDDY Lane on the map.. i went about a mile past the Power LINES.. the trail does not end where it says on the map.. but take note.. this is not an easy trail.. it starts difficult and gets worse.. and their has not been a vehicle up it in a while.. only atvs and horses..

i got hung up a couple times but.. i just held the thing to the floor and it did its own thing.. thought about it.. and went on up and over!! i also put some nice beauty marks on it.. dont sell me a jeep with an offroad badge.. because i will test its metal.. and it went above and beyond what i thought it would do.. compared to my 96 XJ, i have to say the KL will go on the trail better stock..
They kinda need rock rails, huh?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cruiser54
They kinda need rock rails, huh?
yes, it wouldnt hurt.. i wont be taking those breath taking photos this weekend due to the sudden failure or motor and trans and electronics.

the video i talked about, is rather lame.. its too dark.. we cussed too much.. and well it does not really show the terrain well enough or how steep it is..

Last edited by metalwonzero; 08-16-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by metalwonzero
Impressive. Did the XJ have lockers?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by roaddogma
Impressive. Did the XJ have lockers?
nope.. and i did take that into consideration. mind you. my old xj was awesome. and i will have another 96 model sooner than later.
the stock kl trailhawk seems to be balanced better, plus the 4:56:1 is sweet.
ive had the front wheels off the ground in the xj going up climbs. stock.. but the kl will surprise ya.. it did me..

here is where i went. if ya would like to check it out on google earth.. you can totally go here.. camp if ya wanna.. cutters creek road clintwood virginia... route 622
the start of the trail is at the end of the road and is marked on google earth. i went a half mile or so past the part where the power lines intersect the trail.

Last edited by metalwonzero; 08-31-2014 at 11:47 PM.