Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L
Default New Member from SE MA Here

Greetings all,

After searching for way too long, I just purchased a 2000 XJ, so now is the time for me to introduce myself it appears!

I've utilized this forum countless times in the last 14+ months, so here's a long-overdue thank you to all of you who have shared your wisdom with so many of us.

I'm in my early 60s, have owned and wrenched many vehicles over the decades (everything from a 72 Celica to a Bronco II, couple of 4Runners, a Pathfinder, an E46 Bimmer, couple of oil-cooled 911s, etc.) but I am a NOOB when it comes to XJs.

Having participated in many forums, I know to "USE THE SEARCH!" before posting questions to you, but please forgive me if I post a question that has already been addressed, for I might not know your specific nomenclature just yet.

I'm very excited about my new rig, for it appears to have been very well-maintained. Yes, it needs a little body work, but there's no rot or major corrosion.

If any of you live nearby, please do not hesitate to say hello. Happy to share my mid rise lift and any tools that might be of help to you.

I do a LOT of fishing for striped bass in the canal, so I'll be happy to help any of you if I can with questions about SW fishing in and around Cape Cod.

Thank you all in advance for sharing your collective wisdom with me,
Phil
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 374 Likes on 294 Posts
Year: 1987

Phil - Welcome to the forum from the opposite end of the US! If you cant find the answers to your questions after searching, feel free to ask. Most of us are here to help you learn about your Jeep.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm new to the whole world of forums.

i am selling my 1989 cherokee.

is this the best forum for that?

any tips?

thanks.

good luck with yours.

jon