New member from North east Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default New member from North east Texas!

Hello group, I just traded a Honda four wheeler for my very first 1996 jeep cherokee se 2wd 2 door. I like it. There is a lot of things that needs to be fixed on it. First of all I got it with no title. Bonded title is done so now I can start working on it.
there was a lot of noise coming from front cover, took it off timing chain tensioner had broke. Fixed that. When I went to set timing the cam gear was 180 I was going to make it right but couldn't cuz of dowel pin so left it the same. Started right up. Radio ripped out fixed that. Connector from salvage yard. Blower control switch wiring all cut up seen a post on here on how to fix that.
I did not have blinkers found problem, power going to relay center to flasher relay was messed up they had jumpered hot from fuse panel from engine bay and fuse panel together. Fixed like it should be. But now jeep will not turn off. Unless I unplug ignition coil. I purchased ignition switch that goes in steering column to see if that the problem but I feel like it may not be. Cuz I've pulled the auto shutdown relay off and it did not kill it. Plus have not installed switch I don't have tempered proof torx... Will get that and try it. Anyhow ohhh and I messed up bad... I cut door hindge and they or I can't find a replacement. Found one at salvage yard but will have to figure out how to cut it off. I did order the hooligan off-road repair plate that I will weld on once it cones in and I'll well the hindge onto it. Sorry so lengthy just excited about it. Hope I get lots of help from y'all. Thanks
VICTOR
Old 11-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Moderator CF K9-unit

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 2000 sport
Engine: New 4.0l from s&j engines

Welcome to Cherokee Forum..
Old 11-28-2018, 05:27 PM

Thank you
Old 11-28-2018, 07:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 2001

Welcome to the site and to the Jeep thing Victor Rios !

You will either love the XJ or you will hate it. 99% love it and the sickness will never heal!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:50 PM

Rocking Ronnie, I may be looking at more stuff wrong I am out in shop tinkering with it and I just found a bare wire all the way to headlight switch...danggggg itt... I don't mind tinkering maybe I'll love it 55% of time. Lol and thank you for the welcome
Old 11-28-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Victor Rios
Rocking Ronnie, I may be looking at more stuff wrong I am out in shop tinkering with it and I just found a bare wire all the way to headlight switch...danggggg itt... I don't mind tinkering maybe I'll love it 55% of time. Lol and thank you for the welcome

Looks like pink wire to radio hot all time will pull fuse block and run new wire while I'm there hope no other wires got burned into.