Vehicles Post any vehicles you wish to sell.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1996 Cherokee Sport XJ - 2WD.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default 1996 Cherokee Sport XJ - 2WD.

Tampa, FL area. 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD. I’ve LOVED having this car but I’ll be cruising the Northeast & Bahamas for the foreseeable future so that’s why I’m selling.

$4,500 OBO

With the exception of the LED headlights and a Pioneer Bluetooth stereo this is a stock vehicle.

Please note the air filter has a K&N sticker but it is NOT a K&N filter.

Clear Florida title
VIN - 1J4FT67S8TL190705

This is the work I had done since owning the vehicle. Sadly no records available prior to me owning.

Starter, alternator, PCM, head gasket, valve cover gasket, differential gasket, transmission pan casket, pinion seal, transmission speed sensor seal, input & output shaft seals, oil drain plug, oil filter housing adapter gasket, oil pan gasket, cooling system flush, lower radiator hose, power steering pump drive belt, brake fluid flush & refill, engine mounts(all), cylinder head gasket, distributor seal, oil pan gasket, front and rear brakes, crankshaft seal(rear), coolant, cooling fan shroud, oil pressure sender/switch, battery terminals replaced, tint with nano ceramic, upstream O2 sensor, rear differential plug. New Goodyear Wranglers as of 2024.

Other maintenance items such as fluid changes, etc...

Items of note:
- Interior driver door handle(the one you use to open the door) the spring broke so doesn't pop back into position. Opening the door works fine.
- Drivers side plastic, I think speaker cover?, bottom piece of plastic broken.
- Passenger side wheel cap flew off when underway, after new tires installed. Mechanically sound just not the prettiest.(Visible in passenger side pics)
- Drivers side visor the fabric on the windshield side edge is frayed, from taking down the sun shade. Again, not the prettiest.(See pics)
- A few dents on passenger side. Hard to see in pics but they are there.
- Front and rear bumpers pretty ugly.
- Headliner doesn't sag but lumpy in places due to aging foam.
- Dent in rear hatch(See pic) FYI - The rear hatch is the fiberglass one, not steel.

Of note:
- 4.0 engine.
- Mileage is 191,415. This is my daily driver so mileage will increase some.
- NOT 4x4.
- This has been a Texas vehicle until coming to Florida in 2023. NO RUST on frame.
- Feb. 2024. New Goodyear tires from Discount Tire. Discount checked the alignment and all good.
- A/C works!
- No death wobble!
- Cruise control
- Intermittent wipers
- Rear wiper
- Motor Trend(WeatherTech knock off) floor mats in front, rear, and cargo area
- Trailer hitch with lights harness
- Cover
- Dash is crack free and is covered with a CoverCraft dash cover
- Donut spare(not full size)
- Work has been done so she doesn’t puke oil.

Jeep is mechanically sound but as with any 20+ year old vehicle she's creaky and squeaky and not perfect. She's an old school, diamond in the rough and has not been modified(no lift kits, original paint, etc...). She'll scoot on the highway and is peppy in the city.

Check out the craigslist posting for a few more pics - https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto...732299988.html

Happy to send more if needed.

Thanks for looking!
Christine