Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what all do i need with 3-4in lift..??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what all do i need with 3-4in lift..??

It may have already been asked but i cant search because im using my phone ...what else should i buy besides shocks springs and im doin a bastard pack....just trying to get everything together before i go to install it an not have everything i need... im basically using it to cruise through trails...no rock crawling or insane things are goin to be done in it...also was lookin to buy a hd steering kit ..my tie rods are junk now....wheres a cheap but good kit?
Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4L

of coarse this has been covered but even at 3" and lots of reading i ended up needing more then people said. i also wish i had gone bigger even though i was positive i didnt but pulling up next to stock suvs and them being level or higher (window to window, not groud clearence) makes me really regret not going at least 4.5". also i was told 3" and under you just need what comes with the kit and maybe a TC drop. did a 3" aal and tc drop

now i still need an sye cause i still get vibes. i should have got an adjustable trac bar even though its ok with stock bar its not perfect and that drives me crazy. get a kit with better lower control arms get sway bar discos so you can actually make use of the lift when you do a little wheeling. anything over 3" you gonna need to replace or relocate brake lines.