Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear shock relocators

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 00'
Model: Cherokee
Engine: l6 4.0l 242.c.i.
Default Rear shock relocators

Will these offset sagging leafpacks? And no dont tell me to get new leafpacks im not spending $250+ for ****ty leafs....leafs that never should have been a product for car suspensions ever. Every thread Ive ever read is don't get these leaf packs they sag more than hell blah blah.

http://detoursusa.com/xjstm.php
Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

shocks do not support a vehicle or raise it up in any way, they just slow down travel. and yeah... good luck fixing sagging leaf packs by keeping sagging leaf packs... let us know how that pans out.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:12 PM

Did I say I was going to fix my leaf packs?.....NOPE. Im not getting new leafs just to have them sag in 6 months.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

Originally Posted by Omnipotent Octopus
Did I say I was going to fix my leaf packs?.....NOPE. Im not getting new leafs just to have them sag in 6 months.
you asked if this would offset them... so fixing the problem isn't what you're trying to do here?

FYI, I replaced my leafs 2 years ago, and they don't sag a bit... it's driven a minimum of 30 miles every day, and wheeled at least a couple times a month
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 99
Engine: 4 ohh

offsetpast participle, past tense of off·set (Verb)

Verb:
  • Counteract (something) by having an opposing force or effect: "the deficit was offset by capital inflows".
  • Place out of line: "several places where the ridge was offset at right angles to its length".
So.......? No. Those will not have any effect on ride or anything else. Shocks and leafs will affect the ride.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by brookhart63
offsetpast participle, past tense of off·set (Verb)

Verb:
  • Counteract (something) by having an opposing force or effect: "the deficit was offset by capital inflows".
  • Place out of line: "several places where the ridge was offset at right angles to its length".
So.......? No. Those will not have any effect on ride or anything else. Shocks and leafs will affect the ride.

Are you kidding me? You have nothing better to do? If I was fixing them, I would fix them, thus replace them. I have never seen a thread where a leaf pack lasts more than 3 years with absolutely no sag. Sorry for trying to find a quick $40 fix.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donnie_K
you asked if this would offset them... so fixing the problem isn't what you're trying to do here?

FYI, I replaced my leafs 2 years ago, and they don't sag a bit... it's driven a minimum of 30 miles every day, and wheeled at least a couple times a month
I probably should have thought it through before I said it but no I was thinking for some reason that would lift the back end up.....still have saggy spring but wouldn't appear to be sagging. I thought it worked like a coil spacer.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 H.O. K&N, Borla headers, custom down pipe, magnaflow hi-flo cat, flowmaster to turn down tip

when you get new leafs, they will settle in a few months, just as every other suspension piece does. coil springs settle as well, it is just less noticeable cause you see the angle of the leaf more then the compression of the coil spring.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 L

Bastard pack.............done like dinner.

Last edited by Skunkape; 10-24-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0 HO

Will these offset sagging leafpacks? And no dont tell me to get new leafpacks im not spending $250+ for ****ty leafs....leafs that never should have been a product for car suspensions ever. Every thread Ive ever read is don't get these leaf packs they sag more than hell blah blah.
Funny that even a corvette still uses leafs. Dont blame the design, blame the manufacture aka chrysler for using crappy steel in really thin leafs.

Look into a bastard pack. Cheap fix and it doesnt have to lift it if you dont want it too.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
CF Veteran

^It's hardly the same thing though... as it's like a mono-spring rather than a pack. Just sayin....

Will these offset sagging leafpacks?
It should be quite obvious that shocks don't raise a vehicle, come on...

Last edited by s14unimog; 10-24-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: I6

You could also try longer shackles...
Old 10-24-2011, 03:52 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 L

Originally Posted by Skunkape
Bastard pack.............done like dinner.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:56 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

or a shackle relocation kit

Are you kidding me? You have nothing better to do? If I was fixing them, I would fix them, thus replace them. I have never seen a thread where a leaf pack lasts more than 3 years with absolutely no sag. Sorry for trying to find a quick $40 fix.
My RE springs have been on my cherokee for over 6 years... still good, tall, and soft. so now you have

Last edited by Gorillaxj; 10-24-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:01 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 HO

OP needs to clam the **** down. Making the shocks longer is going to accomplish absolutely nothing as far as fixing a saggy set of leafs. The stock XJ leafs are known for sagging. Aftermarket leafs will sag eventually as well, funny thing is so will a set of coils. Nothing in suspension lasts forever, that includes coils, coil overs, leafs, torsion bar etc. Want to be unhappy go deal with how quickly a set of torsion bars sag. If you want to fix a saggy set of leafs replace them or rebuild the pack that is your option. All of those $50 wonder fixes that add weight carrying abilities and such will do nothing to a ruined set of leafs other than prolong the inevitable.

Quick Reply: Rear shock relocators