Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Diff not Sitting Straight???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 RENIX
Default Rear Diff not Sitting Straight???

Okay so the other day my friend was driving behind me on a straight road and said it looked as if my jeep was driving crooked. I went out and looked and my passenger rear tire clearly sits farther back to the fender flare than the other side. But the other side looks even length to both sides, but the wheel looks like it faces slightly to the passenger side. Ive checked all my leaf spring mounts and shock mounts everything is tight and where its supposed to be. Could this be a bent sway bar or also I have 2" add-a-leaf and one side the leaves(leafs) are sitting out of the wrap a little, could this be the cause?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89xjthepatriot
Okay so the other day my friend was driving behind me on a straight road and said it looked as if my jeep was driving crooked. I went out and looked and my passenger rear tire clearly sits farther back to the fender flare than the other side. But the other side looks even length to both sides, but the wheel looks like it faces slightly to the passenger side. Ive checked all my leaf spring mounts and shock mounts everything is tight and where its supposed to be. Could this be a bent sway bar or also I have 2" add-a-leaf and one side the leaves(leafs) are sitting out of the wrap a little, could this be the cause?

Did you check your centering pins? Measure from the front mount to the centering pin on both sides, then to the axle on both sides.. Chances are one could be broken
Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by holycaveman

Did you check your centering pins? Measure from the front mount to the centering pin on both sides, then to the axle on both sides.. Chances are one could be broken
Possible you broke a centering pin and it slid back on the spring. Not saying you did or anything but this is one reason why you don't reuse centering pins or u-bolts.