Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RC adjustable track bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 10:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 01, 99, 98, 98,98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default RC adjustable track bar

Hey everyone. So the jeep I picked up over the winter haS an RC adjustable TB already installed. I was reading some threads one day where someone posted a pic for a totally different reason and someone pointed out to them that their TB was mounted wrong. Mine is mounted the same way and that's even how the instructions say to mount it. This is from the website.
Attached Thumbnails RC adjustable track bar-image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2015, 10:36 PM
CF Veteran

Who's running that same part and how is it mounted?
Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 w/ tupy head

RC isn't liked very much here so not many people run it. I ordered one cause there website said they beefed it up from 1 inch diameter to 1.25 diameter and when I got it it was 1 inch so I sent it back and got iro track bar.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Originally Posted by HS00XJ
RC isn't liked very much here so not many people run it. I ordered one cause there website said they beefed it up from 1 inch diameter to 1.25 diameter and when I got it it was 1 inch so I sent it back and got iro track bar.
A lot of people here are running RC. More than you'd think, because they're so cheap.

Originally Posted by Waynerd
Hey everyone. So the jeep I picked up over the winter haS an RC adjustable TB already installed. I was reading some threads one day where someone posted a pic for a totally different reason and someone pointed out to them that their TB was mounted wrong. Mine is mounted the same way and that's even how the instructions say to mount it. This is from the website.
So in other words, someone who said it was mounted wrong, was wrong?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989

I still have my RC trac bar, mounted just like in the picture. Well kinda I cut the stock bushing off and run joints at both ends now. Looks rediculous compared to my 1.5" steering.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:32 PM
CF Veteran

Well I went ahead and posted this in the all lift and tire thread also and any replies I got there all seem to think that RC f'd up on the directions. A valid point was made that the angle at the opposite end would bring it down closer to the axle and not hit the bracket. Not sure if that would screw up the angle of the bar itself in relation to the tie rod
Old 07-23-2015, 08:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Originally Posted by Waynerd
Well I went ahead and posted this in the all lift and tire thread also and any replies I got there all seem to think that RC f'd up on the directions. A valid point was made that the angle at the opposite end would bring it down closer to the axle and not hit the bracket. Not sure if that would screw up the angle of the bar itself in relation to the tie rod
I must not be understanding what's wrong about it.

I've been running the RC drop bracket for years. I ran the same adjustable one pictured for about two years, and then I've been running the forged steel track bar now for about 8 months (or whenever it came out) with the same bracket.

If something's wrong about it, it hasn't affected my driving or maneuverability at all.

Although, I am done with Rough Country for the most part, so for the sake of name brands, I'll probably move to something different some day.