Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nate's 4X4 communication issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999 & 2001
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Question Nate's 4X4 communication issues

I ordered front and back bumpers for my XJ on 8/20, site said the wait was 3-4 weeks. It's been about 11 weeks. My emails and voicemails are unanswered. Now the voicemail says it's full.

I am not sure what to do. I do want the bumpers, but I wanted to ask a couple of questions back in August and now it is November... Has anyone heard from these guys recently? Does anyone know how to actually talk to anyone at the shop?

Thanks for any insight or advice!
Old 11-10-2018, 09:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by bloodlemons
I ordered front and back bumpers for my XJ on 8/20, site said the wait was 3-4 weeks. It's been about 11 weeks. My emails and voicemails are unanswered. Now the voicemail says it's full.

I am not sure what to do. I do want the bumpers, but I wanted to ask a couple of questions back in August and now it is November... Has anyone heard from these guys recently? Does anyone know how to actually talk to anyone at the shop?

Thanks for any insight or advice!
seems to be par for the course for them... you arent the first to say they have never heard back from them for months...it sucks because they do have good products
Old 11-10-2018, 09:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My rear bumper from then took 3 or 4 months to come in, I am however impressed with the bumper. They are very hard to reach, while i was waiting i tried to getting an update on progress but found it impossible then i got an email saying it shipped.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

That's unfortunate. I had a set of their rock rails on my last jeep with the "nerf bar" extensions. Very solid and worked great. Made for a great hilift jack. I'd love to put them on my latest XJ
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990

nothing new there. lots of folks have had consistent issues in dealings with him. especially on the communication front.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:33 PM

Tomorrow will be three months with absolutely no response to my multiple polite emails and calls, including one email sent immediately after placing the order asking to leave out the receiver on the rear bumper. Even if I received the goods today, I have no assurances that anyone ever even saw my request. Today I thought I'd try again and now I find that the Nate's website is down entirely. Of course, no one answers the business phone either. No surprise there.

I'm out. This is beyond poor customer service. This is willful negligence. CC dispute filed.

What's most frustrating is that I do NOT need these bumpers anytime soon. I'm happy to wait until spring, honestly. I just need to have a five-minute conversation or email exchange and they refuse to engage with a paying customer! I guess I'll end up paying more to someone who can at least return a phone call.

Last edited by bloodlemons; 11-19-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:01 PM

Year: 1991

Yeah dude Nates4x4.com has been known to keep people in the dark. Myself included. I ordered a YJ winch bumper from them and it took 6 months before I filed a cc dispute. He never answered phone calls. After about 3.months I got a call from one of his close friends that said Nate was having personal problems and that he was doing all the work himself to get everything done for him. 3 months later they shipped out the bumper after I received a refund from my credit card. So I got a free bumper but hey I tried calling them and letting them know but they never answered. They are running a very unprofessional business and tbh I don't know why they even keep taking orders because they obviously can not keep up with the demand. As fat as quality goes though they make very good bumpers. Don't lose hope though I'm sure they will contact you eventually.

Last edited by studmuffin; 11-20-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by studmuffin
Yeah dude Nates4x4.com has been known to keep people in the dark. Myself included. I ordered a YJ winch bumper from them and it took 6 months before I filed a cc dispute. He never answered phone calls. After about 3.months I got a call from one of his close friends that said Nate was having personal problems and that he was doing all the work himself to get everything done for him. 3 months later they shipped out the bumper after I received a refund from my credit card. So I got a free bumper but hey I tried calling them and letting them know but they never answered. They are running a very unprofessional business and tbh I don't know why they even keep taking orders because they obviously can not keep up with the demand. As fat as quality goes though they make very good bumpers. Don't lose hope though I'm sure they will contact you eventually.

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:53 PM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.Slow

Wish there was something I could do on my end for ya. I even tried to send him a personal message and an email, got no response. That is also my MJ for the SWB sliders pic on the website

You can take one of two choices at this time, 1) Wait it out some more or 2) Just file a claim with your CC account or PayPal.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Outlaw Star
Wish there was something I could do on my end for ya. I even tried to send him a personal message and an email, got no response. That is also my MJ for the SWB sliders pic on the website

You can take one of two choices at this time, 1) Wait it out some more or 2) Just file a claim with your CC account or PayPal.
I appreciate the thought. Thanks!
Old 11-28-2018, 01:05 PM
THE Admin

Received 231 Likes on 187 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.Slow

Apparently no more website either?!...

There might be a chance he went outta buisness.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Not sure, but I just realized that the charge was reversed on my CC the day after I filed the dispute. That seems almost impossibly fast, but I guess I can't complain. I am not sure if that was Chase Bank's doing or if Nate's initiated the refund based on the dispute.

Bummer, but all's well...
Old 11-28-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Engine: 5.2

He made a post while back about a divorce and having to move and a bunch of life stuff.

Maybe it just got to be too much and he needed to focus on life more than business?

Like to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:06 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by firebane
He made a post while back about a divorce and having to move and a bunch of life stuff.

Maybe it just got to be too much and he needed to focus on life more than business?

Like to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Lee, AKA Outlaw Star, would know better than any of us, as he knew him well, and was kinda CF's liaison for any issues.

So when even he is shocked that he's had 0 communication with him and the site is down, I think it's safe to say that they're done.

Anyone with pending orders, my advice is to just file your disputes ASAP. Sucks, but it happens.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I-6

When I ordered my bumpers, it took 4-5 months to get them. Bad communication and wait times and it sucks if he went out of business... I LOVE the bumpers.

Quick Reply: Nate's 4X4 communication issues