Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name your go-to mod company

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0
Default Name your go-to mod company

I'm thinking of doing the 1-ton steering upgrade. I was going to buy JCR's setup, but they have taken over a month (so far - still don't have 'em) to get me their rear quarter panel body armor sliders and I haven't heard an ETA other than "it usually takes 20-25 days" (which I didn't see posted anywhere on their website).

What other mod companies are out there and are there any good, bad or ugly companies? Looking for personal opinions based off personal experiences with the company.

My 2 cents - I will NEVER EVER EVER purchase anything from 4wheelparts.com or any of their related companies. Every single time I have ordered from them they have called me to tell me parts have arrived and every single time I go (within the same day) to pick up the parts, they haven't been there. Blows my freaking mind. So much gas wasted with them, it isn't even funny.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Ares Fabrication has been the fastest company to ship out a product, I ordered a rear bumper on a Friday, and the following Monday it was at my door step. Rustys Offroad would be the second quickest and best customer support, I ordered 4 x Steelies and not a day later I get a personal call from one of their reps and let me know that my wheels shipped out this morning. Dirtbound Offroad took a little over 3 weeks to receive my rear quarter panel armor. I think they were transitioning in a move and expanding their shop so I feel that was justifiable. It helps if you call and ask for an update on your order to get a feel how far they've gone with your order.

Of course these are just MY personal experiences with some companies.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 6 cyl.

i like, clayton offroad, quadratec, boostwerks, ironman fab. good mojo w/ them all.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

HD offroad engineering, total metal innovations, hooligan offroad. All pretty good for me so far.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 456 Likes on 369 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0

4wd.com and Ebay a lot of people give Ebay a bad wrap but they aren't like they where 10 years ago they have good customer service, quick shipping and I have always received exactly what I ordered I used to use Amazon but they messed up a few orders, shipping was always slow and they didn't have good customer service..
Old 09-06-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 89
Engine: Renix 4.0

I've had good experiences with Crown Auto, Rusty's, Iron Rock Offroad and Rockhard 4x4.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.7L Stroker

Rough stuff customer service is impeccable. Products are great for me since I run a Fab company. Used quite a few of their stuff for my xj including my 1 ton heim steering. If you do any DIY stuff they are the way to go. But if you want pre-built bolt in stuff I wouldn't know.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 6 cylinder

My goto's all with prompt deliveries have been:
Morris4x4
JKS
Rustys
Quadratec
and
Last but not least Amazon

I try to stay away from buying off ebay which is my last resort.
Had mostly good results from ebay with one or two 'bumps in the road'.