Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LII leaf spring sliders with OME leafs

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default LII leaf spring sliders with OME leafs

I am going to be installing my lift soon. I have pretty much all the parts for a brand new suspension IRO double shear track bar, MeatalCloak control arms, Rok Men front bumpstops (left over from my TJ), DPG rear bumpstop kit and ubolts. extended rubber brake lines all around from Rock Auto, ARB\OME long travel shocks, OME 934 coils and OME cso33rb leafs.
What I am wondering is if anyone is using Liquid Iron's XJ bolt on leaf spring sliders with the OME cso33rb springs? I am thinking I want to use the sliders over shackle relocation. I would surely appreciate if anyone has this set up would chime in. I am concerned with the ride height and with how they will carry the weight of all my tools (carpenter) Thanks-JDXX
Old 11-09-2015, 02:09 PM

I would like to mention that I have searched and read everything I could find about the LII leaf spring sliders and much about sliders in this application in general and I still have questions\concerns. So i wouldn't mind hearing from anyone that is using or has used the sliders with any springs.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0l 310,000 miles

I got a friend that is using these sliders. they do add lift without a doubt, with the shackle relocaters you can somewhat adjust your ride height by changing the angle of the shackle. With the sliders you gotta add the height of the slider to the lift provided by your leaf springs for final ride height. I know he keeps his greased up. Might interfere with your exhaust pipe turnout.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:40 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0L

I been running the sliders for a few years now. I have a 3in lift and the sliders added less than a half an inch at most to my ride height.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:05 PM

Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 2.5L MFI

I just put mine on. They are a pain in the ***** if you have a hitch and you might need to trim your bumper and rear backing plate. Also, they come with the new crappy JCR nutstrips that have the nuts pressed instead of welded in. You also have to enlarge the holes in the backing plate for some models (like mine) to get them to go into the frame rail. There is a whole thread on here about how they just spin, but you can use the stock towing nutstrip or buy one for $20 online.

Here is a diagram if you want to make your own. Also you'll need different bolts and new washers for the sliders as well.

Nutstrip dimensions
Old 11-12-2015, 03:42 AM
CF Veteran

This is in no way bashing on LII, just my experience..

So I had the LII leaf sliders. They're without a doubt great quality. I couldn't get mine to fit. For some reason the leading edge of the sliders were pointed in on the frame rail. Both sides were like this / \. Basically my leaf spring was making contact with the front outside of the slider. I still have them sitting in my garage 9 months later and I haven't touched them.

I ended up using HD no lift shackle relocations and Rusty's .75" shackles
Old 11-12-2015, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep them coming. I am going to install my lift this weekend and will see how my shackles end up. From all my research I will probably (very likely) have to do something with them. I really would like to run the sliders if the do what they are advertised to do. I am still on the fence though. I have a hitch so hopefully my nut strips are going to be good to go. Photojared, did you ever talk to Tim at LII about your issues? Not really what I wanted to hear.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:15 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by JDXX
Thanks for the replies everyone. Keep them coming. I am going to install my lift this weekend and will see how my shackles end up. From all my research I will probably (very likely) have to do something with them. I really would like to run the sliders if the do what they are advertised to do. I am still on the fence though. I have a hitch so hopefully my nut strips are going to be good to go. Photojared, did you ever talk to Tim at LII about your issues? Not really what I wanted to hear.
I actually forgot to add that part. Tim was awesome to work with. He sent me a second set to verify they were manufactured properly. Both sets fit the same so it was likely something with my Jeep and not his product.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Photojared
I actually forgot to add that part. Tim was awesome to work with. He sent me a second set to verify they were manufactured properly. Both sets fit the same so it was likely something with my Jeep and not his product.
Well then do you want to sell the set in your garage? I think I would like to try them.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:13 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by JDXX
Well then do you want to sell the set in your garage? I think I would like to try them.
$200+ shipping. Pm me if interested
Old 11-15-2015, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Photojared
$200+ shipping. Pm me if interested
I don't think my private messaging capabilities have been turned on yet.