Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Help

I have a xj with 62000 miles on it but I’m not sure if I want it or a truck what should I do ?
Old 08-20-2018, 04:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Hadyn Jarvis
I have a xj with 62000 miles on it but I’m not sure if I want it or a truck what should I do ?
depends on what you want in a vehicle. An xj and a truck are in 2 differrent categories and serve differrent purposes
Old 08-20-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Martlor13
depends on what you want in a vehicle. An xj and a truck are in 2 differrent categories and serve differrent purposes
Tbh I just want a beefy car but don’t want to put money into my Jeep and it be a total failure bc I am young and I do not have an unlimited budget spend so it’s either I deck out the Jeep and make it look mean af or by a newer nice truck that is way more reliable but costs a lot more and don’t get to have it as quickly (because I will have to save up around 5 or 6 thousand first
Old 08-20-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Martlor13
the end goal is to be able to have a car that can serve many purposes but also can go out and do some fun **** in the desert
Old 08-20-2018, 09:10 PM

the end goal is to be able to have a car that can serve many purposes but also can go out and do some fun **** in the desert
but also be able to drive it daily, but I’ve also seen that a lot of decked that look how I want it to look and be able to do are not able to be driven daily and I can’t afford two cars
Old 08-20-2018, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L I-6

Your XJ has low miles on it, that's good. I would just fix what's broken first, you don't need to have big tires and a lift ! You'll be surprised at what it will do in stock form. Don't waste your money, just to make it look cool, they're cool as they are ! The driver is more than 1/2 of the Jeep. Keep the Jeep, easy to work on, find used parts at JYs. In the meantime, save your money for a truck, then you'll have both !!! Good things come to those who wait!
Old 08-20-2018, 09:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tbh I just want a beefy car but don’t want to put money into my Jeep and it be a total failure bc I am young and I do not have an unlimited budget spend so it’s either I deck out the Jeep and make it look mean af or by a newer nice truck that is way more reliable but costs a lot more and don’t get to have it as quickly (because I will have to save up around 5 or 6 thousand first
you have to spend quite a bit to make an xj look "mean af" AND be able to drive daily. Things need to be done right. If you dont have the knowledge or actually want to do the work yourself, it gets expensive. Plus older vehicles need constant maintenance no matter what miles are on them..i would say go with the jeep if you are willing to save money and do the work yourself.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not forget about insurance. Older vehicles should be cheaper. I would say keep the jeep and try to save some money for a truck down the line. But i am a tight azz any way. If you have the inline 6 you cannot beat that motor. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not forget about insurance. Older vehicles should be cheaper. I would say keep the jeep and try to save some money for a truck down the line. But i am a tight azz any way. If you have the inline 6 you cannot beat that motor. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:32 PM

If you sell the jeep let me know... lol
Old 08-22-2018, 07:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1994 SE

This is a Jeep forum so most replies will be to keep the Jeep. Go to a Tacoma prerunner site and most will say to get a truck. We have no idea what kind of desert fun you're into or what you're definition of mean AF is. I dont see how an XJ with 60k miles could be a total failure unless you focus on show and not go.