Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D. Offroad Engineering no lift shackle boxes

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Talking H.D. Offroad Engineering no lift shackle boxes

Heres a quick right up of my install of the shackle boxes on my xj from H.D. Offroad Engineering

First off these things are pure beef and after install my favorite addition to my jeep.

First step is set your truck up i had a lift so it was easy i set mine up in the air. Then got 2 screw jacks and set them under the axle. Then i Began to take a 19mm and unbolted my shocks to allow the leafs to be as far out of my way as possible.

Next step was to remove the shackles using a 21 mm and a breaker bar. you will also need a wrench for the nut. Note: You do not have to take the shackle off of the leaf i did as i was fixing the grease fitting on the bench.

Then i grabbed 2 grinders both an angle and regular grinder and spent 30 minutes flattening and cutting the factory box out. Until i had what looks like this.

Then i mocked up the box like so and just squezed it under my gas tank skid like so. Then i took the shackle out after making sure it fit propper in the box and drilled upwards into my floor. Once up top i realized the plates wouldnt fit properly with out cutting the corners off them and triming the interior pieces. I simply cut them and used my bumper as a work bench with a clamp.

Then i squezed the plate over the holes and tightened them folding the plastic up once done I trimed the top of the bolts and cut the plastic around the access nut and bolt sticking up.

Once this was done i tighetened up the bolts to the bracket and skid and slid the shackles in place to were i wanted them and snugged it all up once done it should look like this.

Now go enjoy ur smooth noise free ride and my truck sits level now!

Last edited by crfrider; 06-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.