Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front end vibration. . . .need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end vibration. . . .need help!!

I have a 92 xj, has a 5 inch lift and 33x12.50 tires. When I first lifted it, it didnt have death wobble, until I bought wheels and bigger tires for it but they weren't balanced and the tires were worn out so I thought that was the problem. So i bought new tires and had them balanced and still has a vibration, but dont feel like death wobble just feels like a bad vibration from like 45 to 55. So i bought a new adjustable track bar and heavy duty steering stabilizer and put it on. Had the track bar adjusted, everything in front end checked and front end aligned and expected the vibration to go away but when i picked it up, it was still there. Its not anywhere as bad as the old death wobble, or as bad as the vibration before I had it worked on but its still there and I know that even though it may not be terrible, the vibration isn't good for anything in the front end. Only thing I could think of is that I may have a warped/bent wheel on my front driver side because when the vibration starts I can look out the window and it looks like the wheel and tire are moving a little but its not terrible. Also I checked the bearings to make sure they weren't going out.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Do a search on alignment. Seems lifted xjs like a little more than factory toe in...