Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Etching out grill/ front clip support for winch.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6, 4.ol
Default Etching out grill/ front clip support for winch.

Hey, So I just finished my new bumper and am being driven insane from it sticking out to far.. So, me and my buddy came up with the idea of dremeling out the grill bit by bit to get a perfect fit. And to cut into that lower support for the front clip a wee bit. I am just wondering If I am going to cause any problems by cutting into the core support or not, it wouldnt even go half way through it. Also, pictures of my new bumper, I obviously know it sticks out to far but what does everyone think of the look? I took a front bumper from an h3, cut angles in the sides to make it a lot smaller and more slim, then welded it to my winch plate and added some tubing to strengthen the bottom lip for sliding on rocks. Doesnt really inhibit ground clearance in any way, and I would prefer to hit that lip then the swaybar or track bar. Thanks for any help, Im having issues uploading because my internet is going really slow, ill add more asap
-Phil
Attached Thumbnails Etching out grill/ front clip support for winch.-dscf1469.jpg