Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Bay Routing Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default Engine Bay Routing Overhaul

So recently my battery cables and terminals started to give me problems. I plan to do a full battery cable upgrade and figured I might was well clean up as much wiring as I can. I put in the putco headlight harness along with 2 spot lights on the bumper and a 52" bar on the roof and of course just slopped the wiring wherever it would fit. Now everytime I pop the hood I hate how crammed I made everything.

My main trouble area is pretty much all right at the battery. I plan on making a distribution block for all my accessories to clean up under the hood and make my routing for the switches in the cabin easier.

My question is, Has anyone figured out a way of really organizing that engine bay? Wether it be moving entire components or just rerouting some wires? Im sure this Jeep has its fair share of Vacuum leaks so im willing to reroute all of those lines as well.

Any advice or pictures would be great! Lets see those Engine Bays!
Old 09-06-2016, 05:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Hawley12
So recently my battery cables and terminals started to give me problems. I plan to do a full battery cable upgrade and figured I might was well clean up as much wiring as I can. I put in the putco headlight harness along with 2 spot lights on the bumper and a 52" bar on the roof and of course just slopped the wiring wherever it would fit. Now everytime I pop the hood I hate how crammed I made everything. My main trouble area is pretty much all right at the battery. I plan on making a distribution block for all my accessories to clean up under the hood and make my routing for the switches in the cabin easier. My question is, Has anyone figured out a way of really organizing that engine bay? Wether it be moving entire components or just rerouting some wires? Im sure this Jeep has its fair share of Vacuum leaks so im willing to reroute all of those lines as well. Any advice or pictures would be great! Lets see those Engine Bays!
Engine Bay Routing Overhaul-image-3774865350.jpg

You can see where I mounted my auxiliary power box