Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DW steering set up help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default DW steering set up help

Hey everyone,
And I know you guys hear "death wobbling" over and over and over, but I have try research and seem can't find the answer I look for, but first I will tell little history about my jeep, I got 96 cherokee classic bone stock so I lifted 3.5 on front and 5 inch on rear with s10 bastard pack come along with shock, lower control arm fixed and rest of it is stock sit on 33" tires and it didn't wobbling at all so in few year later the 33" tires got worn out and in need other tires so I found a good deal on 35" bfg ko old style thread but I aware I would need to lift front more so I did put 2 inch coil spacer and put new alloy USA ball joint, moog wheel hubs, moog u-joint, brake rotor, pad, heim tie rod, core 4x4 adjustable upper control arm with flex Johnny joint, and homebrew drop Trac bar bracket but I'm still on stock pitman arm

And now what wobbling did I feel??
At high speed straight no problem, slow speed and hit the bump or pothole it wobbling it will continue wobbling till I hit brake a little bit it stop wobbling, slow speed at curve it will wobbling sometime mostly when I go right curve. So now here is picture of how I setting with my heim steering and hope that help with picture that only best I could do.... I think it too much angle? Need pitman arm drop?? And I know Trac bar and drag link had to be parnell as possible but my setting did parnell really really close...

Old 07-19-2016, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Forgot to addition, got it alignment and had bead balance in all 4 tires