Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DC Extreme Country Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 12:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default DC Extreme Country Tires

Anyone ever run these on here? They're priced fair, I've seen a lot of good reviews for DC products but not much on tires.
Attached Thumbnails DC Extreme Country Tires-photo319.jpg  
Old 08-18-2016, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I'm running these in a 33" and I've been pleased so far. They do good on the road, clean out pretty well in the mud that I've been in (light mud, but thick), and this past weekend I had 'em in the sand. Can't beat these for the price, when I step up to a 35" I will more than likely go back with these.

I've got some pics and more details in my build thread (link in sig) and here are a few others that I've found on here:

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/pr...225650/index4/
https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/bu...50513/index10/
Old 08-18-2016, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the DC Fun Country 33's on my last XJ and they were by far the best tire i've ever ran. smooth on road, didn't wear quickly offroad either. They held up great. DC is my favorite tire manufactured by far. From what i've read, they are sister companies with Micky Thompson
Old 08-18-2016, 02:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998

Cooper tires is the parent company to Mickey Thompson/Dick Cepek. If you look at the tread pattern on the Extreme Country, it is much like that of a Mickey MTZ. They use the same compounds and have "side biters". I wouldn't hesitate to run Cepeks. I'm thinking my next tire is going to be the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro though. Take a look at those before pulling the trigger.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Year: 96 & 88 4 dr Cherokees

I had some of the original fun country tires (slightly different tread pattern) on a toyota, and they were a good all around tire.

Low noise, decent mud traction, and good wear, good sand/dirt/grass traction
Old 08-18-2016, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For that money.........get Nittos.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep Driver
Nittos are overrated imo. The new tire they came out with looks good though
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998

What?? Which nitto is he going to run that's similar to this in a 35x12.50r15? Doesn't exist.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Banned

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck...ht-truck-tire/
Old 08-18-2016, 09:42 PM
CF Veteran

I've seen some pretty bad reviews on that tire.. Thanks for the recommendation but mainly looking for opinions on the extreme country's!
Old 08-18-2016, 10:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah man those are probably the worst tire they make. They aren't particularly great mud tires and heavy as heck. I never got a chance to try out the DCs while at the tire shop I worked at but customers that had them were happy. They did wear fast on pavement it seemed but all mts do.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPXJMOAB
I've seen some pretty bad reviews on that tire.. Thanks for the recommendation but mainly looking for opinions on the extreme country's!
Didn't mean to **** on your thread............

Everyone one that I have spoken to face to face has complained about balance once you get beyond a 32" tire.
Two guys in the last week walked up to and asked me how I like mine for that very reason.

I have Coopers on the wife's XJ, never again..........never any of their family of tire either........ever.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

Everyone one that I have spoken to face to face has complained about balance once you get beyond a 32" tire.
Two guys in the last week walked up to and asked me how I like mine for that very reason.

I have Coopers on the wife's XJ, never again..........never any of their family of tire either........ever.
Any more reasoning against them besides the balancing? You didn't "****" on the thread, I'm Interested on your input...
Old 08-18-2016, 10:30 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

...okay...
Originally Posted by Martlor13
Nittos are overrated imo. The new tire they came out with looks good though
Agree with the first portion here.
Originally Posted by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ
What?? Which nitto is he going to run that's similar to this in a 35x12.50r15? Doesn't exist.
That tire is just unappealing to my taste, I think it looks terrible
LOL
Originally Posted by Martlor13
Yeah man those are probably the worst tire they make. They aren't particularly great mud tires and heavy as heck. I never got a chance to try out the DCs while at the tire shop I worked at but customers that had them were happy. They did wear fast on pavement it seemed but all mts do.
Preach, LOL

Balance beads. Don't look back. Anyone who tells you different is blowing smoke up your ***. Size doesn't matter here.

FWIW I have run the Coopers for several years, in several states, in ALL conditions, on AND off road. One of the best tires I've ever ran, for what I do with them...mix of on and off road. My next purchase will be the STT Pros. Hands down.
Any more reasoning against them besides the balancing? You didn't "****" on the thread, I'm Interested on your input...
See above...balancing isn't an issue if you do it right, beads or not. Many ways to balance tires. But I have run beads for years now, and at this point, will never "traditionally" balance my wheels ever again.

Tires wear, weights don't. Beads distribute where needed.

End of story, LOL
Old 08-18-2016, 10:40 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by roninofako
...okay...Agree with the first portion here.That tire is just unappealing to my taste, I think it looks terribleLOLPreach, LOLBalance beads. Don't look back. Anyone who tells you different is blowing smoke up your ***. Size doesn't matter here.

FWIW I have run the Coopers for several years, in several states, in ALL conditions, on AND off road. One of the best tires I've ever ran, for what I do with them...mix of on and off road. My next purchase will be the STT Pros. Hands down.See above...balancing isn't an issue if you do it right, beads or not. Many ways to balance tires. But I have run beads for years now, and at this point, will never "traditionally" balance my wheels ever again.

Tires wear, weights don't. Beads distribute where needed.

End of story, LOL
Appreciate that! After seeing the reviews, I will be getting these for my next set of tires then! Thanks!

Quick Reply: DC Extreme Country Tires