Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bastard pack leafs

Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Bastard pack leafs

Any one interested in some leafs to throw in their leaf packs for a small lift? I have two sets of leafs from early 2000's Tacomas. Great shape. The leafs on the tacomas have a nice arc in them while on the truck. So I think these would make a good add a leaf for some people. I'm going to measure the leafs when I get to work. But as soon as I get my set of stock leafs that don't sag I will be throwing in a pair of these leafs and seeing how much lift I get. Right now my stock leafs are sagging too much so I'm picking up a set of non sagging leafs from a guy I work with. He just needs to put his 4.5 inch lift on his XJ. So probably near the end of this month. I hope. So no real lift specs yet. But I will measure them to give people an idea. I'm thinking 2-3 inches of lift. Maybe more on a good set of leafs. Any one interested in purchasing a pair for cheap? I have two pairs now up for grabs. 3 all together but he one is mine. I can sand them down and paint them black. I did so with the pair I'm keeping. Will get pictures. They are in great shape. No sagging on the trucks they came off of. I know they are 2.5 inches wide. So they should work fine. But I will get more measurements later today. So anyone interested? I'm thinking deff under $100 shipped. For a pair. Not set on a price tho. I can bed line these as well if any one wants. Let me know if u may want a set. I'll sell one pair super cheap if you can get them on ur XJ and post up specs of how much lift it gave ur XJ. Because I may not get to it till next month.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001

Needs to be moved to For Sale.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 AM

How do I do that? Can it be done on my phone?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Old School CF Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2001

No. A mod will have to see it and move it to the right spot.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 PM

Honestly I'm interested in finding out if anyone wants any. I will make a new thread when I decide to sell them. So for now this is for me to find out who thinks they are interested in these add a leafs. Took some pics today. And measured. I have 3 pairs now that can be sold. Measurements and pics will be up shortly. I really think these will work well. Can't wait to get them in my jeep and see how they do.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM

Ok I have specs now and pics. Again I would like to know if any one is interested. If so I will make another thread, in the right spot, to sell these. Here I would like to know if any one wants some. These are from a tacoma. Early 2000's. 2.5 inches wide. From end to end, across and not with the bend, 41.75 inches. Front to the middle hole, with bend, 18.75 inches. From the hole to the rear of the leaf, again with the bend, 23.75 inches. Up against the wall...the wall to the center of the leaf is 4 inches dead on. Leaf is .25 inches thick in the center. I'm guessing these will give a good 1-3 inch left. They are very nice. And good qaulity. I didn't snag the crappy looking ones. I'm getting a set of good leafs soon for my XJ and they have little to no sag at all. So I'm guessing around 2 inch lift on mine. So should be nice. Who thinks I should sell the 3 pairs of add a leafs I have? I'm thinking 75 per pair shipped. That's 2 leafs, sanded and painted, then shipped to your door. Painted black. I can use under coating or bed liner for a tad more. Or I will lower he price if you want to sand and paint. Or just paint and I sand. Don't matter. I have sanding tools so its not too bad for me. What do you think? Ok pricing? Lower? Higher? I would be willing to drop a bit lower if you plan on throwing them on ur XJ ASAP. Like the day you get them. That way we can see what the difference is. For all I know might lift higher. To be exact...these are from extended cab tacomas. And by the looks of the truck, springs, bed...did not look like they hauled much of anything. The trucks that looked like woods heaters I didn't bother grabbing the leafs. So let me know what you think. Need a tester. Id like to sell one or two pairs ASAP. Short on funds right now. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Bastard pack leafs-forumrunner_20110926_184254.jpg   Bastard pack leafs-forumrunner_20110926_184317.jpg   Bastard pack leafs-forumrunner_20110926_184342.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 AM

Morning BUMP
Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM

UPDATE: put the leafs from the Tacoma into a set of stock leafs. The leaf pack I got is used but showed no signs of sagging. The leaf I installed or mixxed in is identical to that of the second leaf down. Or the one under the main leaf which has the eyes on each end. Still need to put my new bushings in. Then get my saggy leafs off of my XJ. So we will see what we have soon. With Christmas here very soon I'm not sure when I will be doing the install. But very soon. I have a long trip right at the end of December for new years....so hopefully before then. I will take measurements and see what kind of lift this one add a leaf would be.