Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aussie in my 8.25 had most of the teeth fail, all rounded out. Only months old....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Aussie in my 8.25 had most of the teeth fail, all rounded out. Only months old....

With out a receipt , does Aussie offer a warranty or replacement ? This thing felt like it broke first trip just doing a u turn in the sand . Spun tires and heard a loud pop, loud enough we all thought I broke an axle. Think that was first time it skipped shaving teeth. Then after it was always binding and locking/unlocking randomly and starting popping driving in a straight line. A few days ago it did this so bad it sent me into a death wobble and had to have it towed to shop. When we removed it today all the teeth were rounded and chipped and shop told me or was toast. Do I have any recourse with Aussie or do they not stand behind their product ? Sucks, huge event Jeeptoberfest here in Florida in just weeks and I can't ford another brand locker after I just paid for this one ...
P
Old 10-13-2012, 02:04 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by FleXJ01
With out a receipt , does Aussie offer a warranty or replacement ? This thing felt like it broke first trip just doing a u turn in the sand . Spun tires and heard a loud pop, loud enough we all thought I broke an axle. Think that was first time it skipped shaving teeth. Then after it was always binding and locking/unlocking randomly and starting popping driving in a straight line. A few days ago it did this so bad it sent me into a death wobble and had to have it towed to shop. When we removed it today all the teeth were rounded and chipped and shop told me or was toast. Do I have any recourse with Aussie or do they not stand behind their product ? Sucks, huge event Jeeptoberfest here in Florida in just weeks and I can't ford another brand locker after I just paid for this one ...
P
call them and find out. should have your order info based on your name/card number... I know someone who had the same issues with an aussie. the carrier was not within specs and was to wide side to side, not letting the teeth fully engage. Call aussie and see.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97

Did you check tolerances when you installed it?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

Assuming you checked tolerances properly and recorded them I think Aussies have a two year warranty.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 AM

They do, and I did . But I wrote them and they said no receipt , no warranty ....lesson leaned . But American. lol
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I know they aren't the best of lockers, but Richmond gear covered my Lock-rite even though I'm not the original buyer. Just saying.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM

That's great , heard that from other companies as well about other products . I'm going to wrote them one more time . I want them to have this particular locker as it is a safety issue . It was very dangerous and I can not believe I recovered from the wobble it sent me into .
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997

ehh.. that sucks man, i love my lockrite
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 AM

the shop that removed it highly recommends Lockrite and won't even sell Aussie. Just sayin
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
CF Veteran

They're cheap, but they hold their own. I've enjoyed mine so far.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97

Originally Posted by no rdplz
I know they aren't the best of lockers, but Richmond gear covered my Lock-rite even though I'm not the original buyer. Just saying.
You got very lucky. They argued with me and said I ran too big of a tire. Lessoned learned if they ask tell them you run 31s because you void the warranty with anything bigger. I was running 33s at the time. Springs never lasted more than 6 months on mine either. Pretty sad they sell a locker for a D60 that they won't cover if you run a 32.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:26 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjmarc
You got very lucky. They argued with me and said I ran too big of a tire. Lessoned learned if they ask tell them you run 31s because you void the warranty with anything bigger. I was running 33s at the time. Springs never lasted more than 6 months on mine either. Pretty sad they sell a locker for a D60 that they won't cover if you run a 32.

Wow, that is crappy. I just told 'em what was up: I had bought the axle from someone else and they had put in the locker, which according to them, had about 10k miles on it. I was simply gonna ask if I could get just the parts needed and they said, "No worries, we'll cover the whole thing."
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 92

Originally Posted by xjmarc

really? that's odd, sure it was aussie? I'm pretty sure all of the lockers they sell come with a 2 year warranty with no power or tire restrictions. even says it on their site.

edit, nevermind. I don't think you're talking about aussie.

Last edited by N20jeep; 10-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FleXJ01
P

Any pictures of the locker? I can tell you for sure if its shot or not.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995

You know, i have seen both spartans and lock rights fail in the rear also, yet in front, i have seen only 1 lunchbox fail. After all of that, i am a firm believer that lunchbox lockers should not be run in the rear

Quick Reply: Aussie in my 8.25 had most of the teeth fail, all rounded out. Only months old....