Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ac/heater switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.7 straight 6
Default Ac/heater switch?

Ok well i had a older post about my radio wring in my car and got help and fixed it! Now i got another problem i would like to fix. My ac and heater doesn't blow air unless im driving 70 miles a hour and when im driving it barley blows. My dad knows a little bit about cars and he told me that the fans are all working so he diagnosed it as maybe needing a switch. I wanted to come here to get everyone's thoughts on this before i buy a new switch. Could it be something else that needs to be replaced?
Old 11-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Seasoned Member

Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

You have a 95 grand cherokee? First thing i would do would be take the blower out. Very simple. Then put your a/c or heater on, and make sure that the fan is spinning. This way you can rule out if its the fan. Another problem you could have would be a vacuum leak, but i have not came across that problem yet so i dont know exactly which vacuum line to look for, i'm sure it could be something different but i would pull the blower out and test the speeds, and make sure it's really working.

Last edited by SHELBYGT NSM; 11-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by SHELBYGT NSM
You have a 95 grand cherokee? First thing i would do would be take the blower out. Very simple. Then put your a/c or heater on, and make sure that the fan is spinning. This way you can rule out if its the fan. Another problem you could have would be a vacuum leak, but i have not came across that problem yet so i dont know exactly which vacuum line to look for, i'm sure it could be something different but i would pull the blower out and test the speeds, and make sure it's really working.
Thanks ima try that on my next day off, Also its just a 1995 Cherokee its a good car though mine however is pretty bad like the roof interior is like hanging down and stuff, missing paint on the door all that lol But i enjoy the car its not bad. Just trying to get the basics working like radio and ac.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Hamilton22
Thanks ima try that on my next day off, Also its just a 1995 Cherokee its a good car though mine however is pretty bad like the roof interior is like hanging down and stuff, missing paint on the door all that lol But i enjoy the car its not bad. Just trying to get the basics working like radio and ac.
I dont know how much of a difference my grand cherokee(zj) is to your cherokee(xj) so i may be telling you the wrong info.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by SHELBYGT NSM
I dont know how much of a difference my grand cherokee(zj) is to your cherokee(xj) so i may be telling you the wrong info.
Yeah idk if it even ahs a blower lol if not then i can just order a switch off ebay for like 10 bucks.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Hamilton22
Yeah idk if it even ahs a blower lol if not then i can just order a switch off ebay for like 10 bucks.
Yeah it has to have a blower. If you google 95 xj blower you will find alot of info about how the blower works, also what the different causes of why the blower acts up.