Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90' Jeep XJ Ax-15 External Slave Cylinder Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 90' Jeep XJ Ax-15 External Slave Cylinder Conversion

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and see if anyone is able to find all of the individual parts for the external conversion on a 90 xj ax15. I found the kit from advance adapters but its a bit pricey and i know i dont need completely new parts such as the bellhousing, pivot bearing and release spring.
If someone could please link the items individually basically to whatever advance adapters has I would really appreciate it. Trying to do it for a bit cheaper but not exactly sure of all of the components I need since most diagrams arent too specific with this conversion.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2023, 10:46 AM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

It may be easier/cheaper to just pick up a later ax-15 complete and using that. Or, if you have a fondness for your current ax-15, buying one complete and swapping everything over.

When you get there, I have had some success "bench bleeding" my system rather than bleeding under the Jeep. You can position the slave higher than the master to get all the bubbles out.

Good luck
Old 10-11-2023, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyJesse
It may be easier/cheaper to just pick up a later ax-15 complete and using that. Or, if you have a fondness for your current ax-15, buying one complete and swapping everything over.

When you get there, I have had some success "bench bleeding" my system rather than bleeding under the Jeep. You can position the slave higher than the master to get all the bubbles out.

Good luck
I would love to do that but I already rebuilt the current ax15 so not trying to replace it. I’ve looked for part outs in my area and there’s not very many most have the transmission already gone.