Modified XJ Cherokee Tech XJ (84-01)
All modified tech questions. If it modifies your XJ beyond stock parts ask it here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5L Injector Swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5L 4 Cylinder
Default 2.5L Injector Swaps?

Hey all.
I took a look under my hood to see what kind of injectors I am running.
I have been thinking about swapping them to something that will either be more efficient in its distribution of the fuel, or something that would give a little more fuel to the engine. Been thinking about minor tweaks to add a little extra oomph here and there. I know there is only so much you can do to a 2.5L engine to get more out of it, without boring it out, and attempting to stroke it. Being that it is only a 4cylinder, some might find this course of action silly.

Anyway. I found lots of information on 4.0L injector swaps, but very little in regards to the 2.5L, unless I missed it in the budget injector thread.
The injectors I am currently running is part # 53007232, and from what I have found through google, is that they were manufactured by Siemens, and were used for a number of different Jeep models with the 2.5L from 1991-1995, and appear to flow at 17.4psi/hr.

I have also read that you want to keep flow close to stock unless you have specifically calculated flow. I was thinking about stepping up just a hair richer, as I want to open up my airbox a little bit. I know there are some folks on here in the sale section that sell cleaned, used injectors... but because all the stuff that I have found through search details the 4.0L engine, I do not know what part numbers would be a bolt in replacement. I like the idea of Neon injectors with multiple holes in the injector vs. one (supposed to be what the stock injectors have, again based on google searching).

Any ideas, thoughts, help... anyone done this on the 2.5L before? Will higher flow 19# injectors from a 4.0L work? Just looking for options, the less expensive, the better.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5L 4 Cylinder

Hmmm... am I moving into uncharted territory with the 2.5L?
Anyways, I put in for a set of 703s from a member on here. Sold me a set of 4, and they should be plug-n-play. Should give me a bit more flow, and better atomization of fuel. Also taking a good hard look at a reman head... those two paired together ought to yield some nice results.
Will have to pick up head, valve cover, intake, and exhaust gaskets while I am at it. I'll try and cure a noisy lifter while I am at it. Maybe get some gunk cleaner or something to run through before getting in elbows deep.

It's a process.