International This area is for all our fellow wheelers outside of the US. So now Canada and other countries have their own area.

Newbei looking for advice

Old 07-17-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Cool Newbei looking for advice

Hello everyone. based in Reading, berkshire UK and have got into the 4x4 bug.
I am a chauffeur and the last 2 winters have developed a pattern over here, Snow is what i am reffering to! and it can keep me out of work for a week or so pending on quantity.Ok nothing like you guys in the states and canada but certanly enough to disrupt things and with a BMW 730 LD you couldnt have a worse car for the snow!!!!!!! So i went and purchased a Grand Cherokeen Jeep WJ 2002 V8 4.7 Overland with LPG convertion so not too bad on fuel. Fuel is a little sensitive here as we dont enjoy the prices you boys do in the states>>>>> by the way Jeep purchased on ebay next to nothing and so,so happy with it.
Anyway, i now want to start doing a few things to it but really dont want to go too far like a BLING BLING pinp mobile, if you know what i mean.
Engine is fine runs sweet and v8 is just so good but i am looking to make it sound a little louder with the famous V8 burble so any exhausts for sale>
My main objective is to look at different wheels.
Wheels can be very expensive.
I have the standard 17" wheels but realy would like to run smething a little bigger. I was wondering if there are any other wheels from the range that may fit mine ie from chrysler 300 or any other car? I can get some 20" on ebay but not sure of looks. needless to say i can keep standard ones for winter use. Any sugestions??
Also i do use my car up and down the freeway and there are times that there is a little diff humming at high speeds ie 80 - 90 mph> are these things normally quiet or should i managed my expectations more realistically?

Look forward to reading you comments