Zone --> RE need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 litre I6
Default Zone --> RE need some advice

I bought a zone 3" about 6 months ago. Didn't love it as soon as I got it. Never installed turned it around for full price minus shipping to a buddy. No big deal.
It just wasn't the kit I wanted and wasn't excited about the mixed reviews so I saved a bit and its a done deal I'm ordering the RE 4.5 super flex with shocks and full packs.
In a side note: does anyone know where RE can be bought at any sort of discount?
I'm prepared to spend the 1300 but anything helps of course. Any comments opinions welcome
Old 12-23-2016, 01:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 99XJake
I bought a zone 3" about 6 months ago. Didn't love it as soon as I got it. Never installed turned it around for full price minus shipping to a buddy. No big deal.
It just wasn't the kit I wanted and wasn't excited about the mixed reviews so I saved a bit and its a done deal I'm ordering the RE 4.5 super flex with shocks and full packs.
In a side note: does anyone know where RE can be bought at any sort of discount?
I'm prepared to spend the 1300 but anything helps of course. Any comments opinions welcome
Not sure about discounts. And im not sure on everything the kit comes with but your probably going to need a few more items
Old 12-23-2016, 03:19 PM

I know there's a lot more that goes into lifting the jeep besides just slapping a kit on. I come from a very jeep saavy family.
The kit I'm getting has brake lines, adj track and control arms, ball joints, hmm can't remember what else but its perhaps the most complete kit I can find.
I have a custom drive shaft already so drive line vibes will be a no problem.
I have 32" toyos going on 16" moabs

Hmmm she's virtually a rust free jeep. I've had it for a bit and I have no problem waiting longer til its all together and proper
Old 12-23-2016, 03:23 PM
CF Veteran

Oh sweet! Looked around a bit as well and I think you'll be hard pressed to find RE on a discount. The cheaper companies like RC I've seen but not much of the midrange or higher quality kits on sale.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:32 PM

I didn't think so either but before I went and shelled out that much money I thought I would ask
Old 12-24-2016, 05:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The majority of the time you can have a much better lift by "Not" buying a kit. Just buy the basic lift then buy higher quality parts for the rest like shocks, Adj. Control Arms, Dbl. Shear Track Bar, Sway Bar disconnects, etc. Quality leaf/coils are very important items in the lift as they are base your building on.

At that height you should have an SYE and a driveshaft to match it. I built mine that way in order to have the lift and then build up all the extra parts that I wanted not what came in a kit that someone thought I needed and the quality.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:43 PM

Well the re lift is convenient I think its a very good start. Maybe its not worth the money Idk? I only hear good things and I think its a good kit. Oh well. Your more ingenious than ,I I guess.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:05 AM
CF Veteran

TheRE kit is good. But you can piece together a better kit for around the same price. But if you don't want to that's fine. Just a suggestion.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:03 PM

Martlor no I'm definitely open to piecing it together and saving money. Maybe I'm lazy but I truly don't know where to even start
Gets frustrating quick with all the differing opinions just didn't think I could go wrong with the RE only obvious downside is I'm getting dick punched in the wallet lol
Old 12-28-2016, 12:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

The RE stuff is good quality. All you need to do is get a BOM from the kit (Bill of Material) and look at all the things that are included. Most of the time you can buy the stuff separately and save money. Maybe even weed out the BS you don't need from the kit or find alternatives like the brake lines and bumpstops. Those things don't HAVE to be RE. The more important stuff like springs and control arms, yeah, you want those to be RE. Picking up what I/We are putting down? The kit is convenient therefor you're being charged more for it.

For example

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/aux_in...0.pdf&line=R/E

Here is the BOM and install instructions from the lift you are looking at. You can probably find cheaper alternatives to most of those parts and simply purchase the "meat and 'taters" of the kit itself.

Last edited by Jeepin'_Aint_EZ; 12-28-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:22 PM

Yeah I was originally all for a bastard lift, maybe it's just me bit it seems tougher these days to buy individual components like these companies try to prevent you from piecing it.

I just know I want full packs, monotube shocks(the re kit has 5100s just repainted) good springs