Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

XJ storage options

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default XJ storage options

I've been looking around through different forums and the retailers that I know of (still learning about Jeep resources though) for some storage options for my Jeep to keep the XJ from looking like it belongs to a hoarder. I'd like one of those interior racks for the back cargo area but the only ones I've found that works with a spare on the stock tire carrier are custom made. I also really like the idea of seat back storage and found this- http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Par...pn=COVTO1001BK. I may end up going with it but would like it a lot better if it was cheaper. I do want whatever I go with to look halfway decent and not like it was cooked up in a redneck garage or built out of crap from Walmart. I'm not carrying a ton of stuff, mostly the gear I take for mountain biking and nothing that takes up too much space. Anyone have any suggestions for storage options I might have missed?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

So you want something to hang over your backseat like the link and something to organize the cargo area? I am just not exactly sure for what you are looking.
Expedition Portal has a lot of good info on storage solutions. From what I have seen the best way is to build something yourself. I did find these products based on what I thought you were saying.

Cargo Area - http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_620_07.htm
Back Seat - http://www.quadratec.com/products/14044_40X_PG.htm
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM

Guess I may have worded that post poorly. I am thinking about something for over one of the front seats with pockets like what I posted and also an organization rack/basket for the rear cargo area that will work with the spare on the stock tire carrier. For the rear I was looking for something like an elevated basket on legs so I could still put the back seats down and slide something longer in under the rear organizer/basket. Having an elevated basket in the rear would give me a space to put my helmets and armor and the hopefully still have space to mount one of those mini air compressors from harbor freight inside the basket. I'd also be open to some sort of organizer with pockets that hangs from the spare itself.

Both of those ideas you linked me to could work and would certainly look better than what I have now. I may just go with what I originally posted for over the front seat as its exactly what Im looking for minus the price. Still hoping that someone knows of something for the rear cargo area like what Im talking about. A member on NAXJA had one just like what Im talking about but made it himself. I'll check out Expo, Im a member there myself but haven't looked there yet.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

This thread might help you out.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...rage-Solutions

The overland community is heavier into organized storage it seems. Most guys end up making there own. There is a pretty good thread in fabrication about a rear rack like you are talking about. Poop pipe rack I think it is called
Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Awesome, thanks, should have looked there to begin with.