Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Why Rough Country

Why does this site like RC so much? Is everyone here really that cheap?

Two questions I have had. Opinions please.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered Users

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xjoffroad

I guess because its cheap. But you get what you pay for.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by jmm0122
I guess because its cheap. But you get what you pay for.
very true statement. I still want to here why you would buy a RC. Cant be because its just cheap. There quality is crap. I'm just curious to hear why.

This is a serious question and I'm not trying to start a fight. Just curious

Year: 1999

I like them because of the price (maybe I'm cheap) if money was no issue I'd have went with the Terra Flex 6.5" long travel kit on my ZJ. but as it is, I spent $500.00 total (including adjustable track bar & steering stab.) instead of $2700.00. for the type of wheeling I do the RC 3.5 works great. aside from the price, I like the lower arms.
CF Veteran

Year: 1994

Of course everyone here is that cheap.. it's a CHEROKEE forum.

Cherokee's work very well for what they are. But admit it, just because you have dumped $1000's into your XJ (like some of us have).. doesn't make it any better than the rest. It's still an XJ. Sorry to disappoint you.

Last edited by X1994J; 05-20-2010 at 04:11 PM.
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Moved to chat..
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by sportrider
I like them because of the price (maybe I'm cheap) if money was no issue I'd have went with the Terra Flex 6.5" long travel kit on my ZJ. but as it is, I spent $500.00 total (including adjustable track bar & steering stab.) instead of $2700.00. for the type of wheeling I do the RC 3.5 works great. aside from the price, I like the lower arms.
ok because your cheap. I can understand that.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
Moved to chat..
my bad. thought about putting into chat but thought maybe some Tech might come out of it. thanks overland
Old 05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by X1994J
Of course everyone here is that cheap.. it's a CHEROKEE forum.
really......... you have obviously spent some $$ on your rig. you're not cheap, so why are you here then?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM

really though, I don't see them having any less quality them any other manufacturer. I have a Rancho kit on my XJ, I paid more for it and it doesn't perform any better. I guess in 9 years will see how the RC kit is holding up.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:14 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1994

really......... you have obviously spent some $$ on your rig. you're not cheap, so why are you here then?
Honestly.. I have told myself many times over.. I should have started with something better than an XJ. But I decided i'm too far into it now to turn back. Plus, it's kind of grown on me. Spare parts are plenty, junk yards are full of them, parts are cheap, XJ's are cheap. I love my XJ, but..it's still an XJ.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered Users

really though, I don't see them having any less quality them any other manufacturer. I have a Rancho kit on my XJ, I paid more for it and it doesn't perform any better. I guess in 9 years will see how the RC kit is holding up.
then you have not wheeled your rig. I have a xj in the shop right now. the control arm bushings are shot, dont know if the shop that install the LA setup screwed up drilling holes for the LA mount or what because they are wallowed out, one of the leafs have turned into "s" shape. He wheels his rig and its not a dd. Hes pissed because he bought this kit less then a year ago and RC knows of the issues with the bushings and wont do a thing about it. Just irritating
Old 05-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by X1994J
Honestly.. I have told myself many times over.. I should have started with something better than an XJ. But I decided i'm too far into it now to turn back. Plus, it's kind of grown on me. Spare parts are plenty, junk yards are full of them, parts are cheap, XJ's are cheap. I love my XJ, but..it's still an XJ.
I feel the same way.

Last edited by xjoffroad; 05-20-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:37 PM

then you have not wheeled your rig. I have a xj in the shop right now. the control arm bushings are shot, dont know if the shop that install the LA setup screwed up drilling holes for the LA mount or what because they are wallowed out, one of the leafs have turned into "s" shape. He wheels his rig and its not a dd. Hes pissed because he bought this kit less then a year ago and RC knows of the issues with the bushings and wont do a thing about it. Just irritating
I installed both kits myself, granted both Jeeps are DD's and I try to stick to trails rated 5 and below (on a 10 scale). I've not had a problem yet. in comparison to OEM, the RC bushings are better then stock. Maybe the XJ kit is different, but on the ZJ, it was a direct bolt in. I did break the Rancho spring pack on the XJ but I highly doubt any kit would have survived that mistake. as far as front ends go, the quality of the LCA's, coils, track bar, end links & shocks seems up to par. I've docked a LCA on a bolder and slid off it with out any signs of failure other then chipped powder coating. I'm not trying to defend RC just because I run one of there kits, I'm just saying I don't see a lack of quality. depending on the severity of use and maintenance or lack of, everything will eventually ware out.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered Users

I installed both kits myself, granted both Jeeps are DD's and I try to stick to trails rated 5 and below (on a 10 scale). I've not had a problem yet. in comparison to OEM, the RC bushings are better then stock. Maybe the XJ kit is different, but on the ZJ, it was a direct bolt in. I did break the Rancho spring pack on the XJ but I highly doubt any kit would have survived that mistake. as far as front ends go, the quality of the LCA's, coils, track bar, end links & shocks seems up to par. I've docked a LCA on a bolder and slid off it with out any signs of failure other then chipped powder coating. I'm not trying to defend RC just because I run one of there kits, I'm just saying I don't see a lack of quality. depending on the severity of use and maintenance or lack of, everything will eventually ware out.
this is true but wearing out under a year? this is not the first time we have dealt with this. its a common problem. to add insult to injury, the tech was hung up on by RC while he was asking what material the bushing are made of.

oh the leaf bushing are shot to.

Quick Reply: Why Rough Country