Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L L6 OHV 12V
Default What Would You Do?

Welcome to suburbia in a neighborhood where folks have a little too much blue blood. It is a place where people start getting to cranky about “junk cars.” The snooty neighbors will start noticing soon…Currently own a 91’ XJ, 4.0, 4x4, etc (XJ #1). Just bought a second 91’ for parts (XJ #2). It is in my driveway. It runs and drives, so for the time being, will be able to move it around and at least.The engine and the transmission is OK in XJ #2. Mileage is 300K. I have no proof whatsoever, but the owner told me that the engine in XJ #2 is rebuilt with “40 – 50 K miles.” XJ # transmission is automatic, XJ #1 is manual, no need for that. Bought XJ #2 because it has a Chrysler 8.25 @3.55. Also, the seats, the dash are a need in XJ #1. In addition, the roof rack, the factory alloy wheels, and a couple of parts from the interior will be transferred over.My fantasy (ha ha) is that I could find someone who needs an engine, transmission, and the rest of the carcass in exchange for a week at their place that has room to work and less than snooty neighbors. That probably will not happen. I understand that people make more than a few bucks parting out vehicles. But that isn’t going to happen in this neighborhood. Looking for suggestions on how to rid myself of the remainder of XJ #2 minus the needed parts. A junk yard works. They might give me $100 - $150. But it seems like some body somewhere would be interested in the engine, transmission, and remainder. The goal isn’t money. The goal is to make some arrangement to get XJ #2 out of the driveway soon. Does anyone know of any good bartering sites? Maybe that could be an approach?
Old 02-18-2018, 01:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96
Model: Cherokee

Try putting it in the classifieds here. Also try and locate a Jeep or Cherokee club within a reasonable distance from you. Try asking about that here also.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 249 Likes on 199 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I6 4.0L

or even Craig's List or something. That usually moves things pretty quick as lots of peeps look to it for goodies like that. Just a thought