Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: If your state told you that you couldn't go wheelin anymore what would you do???
tell them to kiss your @$$
97.56%
sell you jeep and say okay
2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

if your state told you that you couldnt go wheelin any more, what would you do

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1994(mostly)
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default if your state told you that you couldnt go wheelin any more, what would you do

This is what the state of New Jersey is trying to do , so what would you do?????????
Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 96'
Engine: 4.0 160k banks header dumping after the cat

i think we'll come out on top on this one...but i can't say i'm to educated on the subject, do you have any articles or links to where they are saying this man?...if you mean that they will block access to all state owned lands in the pines, i don't think thats ever going to happen, to many people besides wheelers use that land
Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Member

they want you to stay on unimproved roads
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Member

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/201...to_protec.html

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/o...cc4c002e0.html

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...cc4c002e0.html

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/colum...Pinelands.html

and i was informed as well as 3 of my friends by rangers that their shutting down our wheelin spots
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1989 2 door
Engine: 4.0

I'd start a rally protest march like the one last month here in UT, to the state capitol with a parade through down town SLC a MASS gathering of off road enthusiasts!

If that failed I'd make or join a local group with yearly fees & sponsors to buy a hugh chunk of land & build an OHV park!

As for the vote I'd rather not, because there is no lesser of the 2 evils! Either way you loose...

Last edited by builtnotbought89'; 09-15-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Originally Posted by builtnotbought89'
I'd make or join a local group with yearly fees & sponsors to buy a hugh chunk of land & build an OHV park!
Buy a bunch of land and charge to get in. Eventually you'll pay your loans off, and you can run it as a business, writing off all your mod expenses. Then you can expand into garages and such on the property, offering cheap labor and parts for your customers.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is it that they wanna take away the things that keep people out of trouble. no moding you car, no offroading, etc etc. you know these guys, that make the rules, did this stuff as kids or young adults. i know this hobby, cars, kept me out of trouble, except for tickets, while i was growing up. wtf!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 stock

I think I would laugh in there face, if they want you to stay in certain areas then they should pay to build an area specific for off-roaders.

Not to say Nature is not pretty but if you cant see it then how will you admire, of course there should not be trash in the area but theres nothing stopping you to find land that you can mud on.

Also, wouldn't this be some kinda prejudice against a certain type of people that enjoy an activity?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 I6 efi

Mass is pretty much already like that, and I don't think they will be changing there minds anytime soon
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM
CF Veteran

yeah i've been following this for the last couple weeks, i think what is it is a case of old farts who need don't have anything better to do then try to change things that are just fine..its a shame that these guys were able to attract so much attention from the media. you and i both know that "Wheelin" isn't a huge plague on the pine barrens, granted i agree that littering should be punishable. a couple of ruts in the mud here and there aren't going to matter. i just hope too many people don't read these articles that seem to be spreading around like crazy and blow everything out of proportion and make a bigger deal out of it then it needs to be. and as far as "improved" vs. "unimproved" goes thats been the rule forever. theres also a 15 mph speed limit, i dunno if you've ever noticed the "rules" posted out there, i know bass river has them everywhere.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Seasoned Member

If they want us to stay on certain trails then they should mark them clearly
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by coyote1
agreed
Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Originally Posted by coyote1
Well many prohibited areas are marked.

I wheel the pines, with friends & acquaintances. I have seen people in my own group show blatant disregard for "treading lightly", who litter, drink & smoke behind the wheel. And if you mention it, they tru to make you out to be a "tree-hugger". But these are the things that make us look bad. Mind you off-roaders aren't the only ones tearing things up, but we are the most visible, therefore we get the blame. When we do the Wharton Forest cleanup, it's amazing the scope of garbage we haul out of the woods - even washers & dryers! Truth is, if all motor vehicles are prohibited, then the litterers will be squeezed as well.

I'd hate for everyone to be forced off public land, but I prefer rocks anyway & I don't mind spending for legal wheeling like I now do out of state. They'll win eventually - Jersey is a mud pit.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

I prefer more Rally-style driving to crawling/mudding so I'd just stay on all of the great dirt roads near here in Southern MS.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Seasoned Member

In California, he said the six off-road parks there bring in an estimated $11 billion to the state economy. They don’t come without problems. An Aug. 14 race in Lucerne Valley ended with eight people killed when a truck left the course and hit a crowd of onlookers.
WTF is this??? Another exapmple of scare tactic media to get your liberal *****y point across. That Cali race was a desert race? Not a "Race through the woods" like they are trying to say.

God damnit, it's **** stains like this that really **** me off when they KNOW they're lying, but still do it anyway. ****!

Quick Reply: if your state told you that you couldnt go wheelin any more, what would you do