weird problem of the day!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default weird problem of the day!

So last night, i noticed that sometimes I would lose brake pressure, but it was intermittent at best. That's not good, i thought. So this morning it was fine, except once. So, I figure i have some brake problem. I look up a few issues and they all say to bleed your brakes. So on the way home, i figure out that my brakes are getting soft when i turn right, which is weird. Only when I turn right. So I look underneath, and my shock absorber is loose! WTF, mate?!? somehow one of the screws on the bottom came off and the shock came loose from the lower mount. It had gotten wedged between the wheel and the shock mount and was mashing the brake line when I turned right.

????? Anyways, 1 hour, 1 bolt, 1 nut, and 2 trips to the parts store (someone put the wrong size nuts in the package > ) It's fixed. My shock is pretty dented, but it's fixed. You know what they say... break --> upgrade --> yay. maybe i'll get some better shocks.

What's YOUR WPOTD?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 high output

on my way to work this morning I thought i heard my locks clicking trying to constantly lock. sure enough when i go to get out after parking the lock switches arnt responding properly.
wtf so I manually push the lock open. I tried reseting my alarm system thinking maybe that had something to do with it. thought it was working properly after that. WRONG. got in to go home and its happening again.

pull in to the driveway and park. look around at the wires under the dash dont see anything odd, start smelling burning electric and then the dome lights and radio go out. now I'm really pissed. I f#^K!ng hate electric gremens!