Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Thinking of opening up land to ride on..

Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 91/96
Model: Cherokee
Default Thinking of opening up land to ride on..

Sooo just saw the thread about GWNP going to be closed down and was talking to my buddy earlier about getting the loader back to his property (160 acres) and opening the trails back up, He is down with this big time.
We would need some help cutting the trail back open and were thanking of making a club of whoever and whatever vechicles. He has a Bronco that he is finishing up with a 9 inch lift and 35's another guy with a 4" lift in a Wrangler. So it's not just a XJ thing, would anybody be willing to help open the trails with us???????

What kind of waiver would you have people sign so that we would not be responsible?? Any other things we need to be aware of??
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome. One thing to think of from what i have seen "outsiders" have a problem with would be creeks and streams if there are any because people downstream could be ticked and could possibly have a legit complaint to take to court. Also the local noise levels incase there are small towns near by. Hope everything works out and good luck!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:47 PM

how close is culpeper to roanoke va? cause maybe by the time the trails are done ill have a jeep built ahahah
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
CF Veteran

It's off the grid of small towns so that will not be a problem. There is a stream that is part of the trail that is open now. The place was logged a couple of years ago and the under brush is mostly briars that we have to open back up to get to the original trails. We used to have about 8 to 10 miles of trails but plan on making more. Roanoke is about a hour from Culp. but the land is 20 mins from Culp. so about 1hr 20 min.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

count me in. date and time.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

Though about doing this a few years back with some family land but insurance was outragous. Get a lawyer to draw up a waiver but keep in mind if they are under 18 it's not binding, have to have a parent sign.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 high output I6

Sounds like a great idea to me! And put my name on the list for willing to help Any place to wheel close to c-pep has my full support lol. If you pick the right date for trail work I could possibly round up a few other guys to come out too.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
CF Veteran

Sweet we are planning on getting the under brush taken care of while it's still dead from the cold weather. I will get a date and directions and PM ppl. It doesn't matter how many ppl come because we are getting it done either way but it would be nice to have some help.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by xjmarc
Though about doing this a few years back with some family land but insurance was outragous. Get a lawyer to draw up a waiver but keep in mind if they are under 18 it's not binding, have to have a parent sign.
Would you need insurance? We just wanted to make sure ppl drove at their own risk. I get the under 18 thing. Thanks man.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

You need it just as any business needs it. No wavier is bulletproof and someone will eventually sue you (gotta love those jerks). That way you're covered and don't loose the land as well as your house, cars etc.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 PM
CF Veteran

You need it just as any business needs it. No wavier is bulletproof and someone will eventually sue you (gotta love those jerks). That way you're covered and don't loose the land as well as your house, cars etc.
Even if we don't charge ppl?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokee 91
It's off the grid of small towns so that will not be a problem. There is a stream that is part of the trail that is open now. The place was logged a couple of years ago and the under brush is mostly briars that we have to open back up to get to the original trails. We used to have about 8 to 10 miles of trails but plan on making more. Roanoke is about a hour from Culp. but the land is 20 mins from Culp. so about 1hr 20 min.
wow thats not that far. i would totally help if the date maches up with my work schedule
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 PM
CF Veteran

Me and my buddy were talking about the whole being sued thing. We just want to have some fun and get ppl over to help and ride. Planning on making some cool ****.

Do not reply if you like too or have sued someone for crashing or have broke a bone and sued someone for your mistake....

Last edited by OHHNOES; 01-20-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by Cherokee 91
Me and my buddy were talking about the whole being sued thing. We just want to have some fun and get ppl over to help and ride. Planning on making some cool ****.

Do not reply if you like too or have sued someone for crashing or have broke a bone and sued someone for your mistake....lol (I mean it)....
hey man. u might wanna edit your last post. not being crappy or mean.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Tural
hey man. u might wanna edit your last post. not being crappy or mean.
It's a joke....But hey

Last edited by OHHNOES; 01-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of opening up land to ride on..