Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

It started off innocent enough....lol (long)

Old 01-08-2012, 12:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 88, 89, 93 & 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default It started off innocent enough....lol (long)

So the wife's heading out this morning... Telling me the things she'd like done around the house (the 89 xj and boat moved to the back, all the tires and rims put in the building, enclosed trailer tire pumped back up and it moved to the back as well, etc...) You know, the general get all your mess up talk
So I say "Sure babe, Me and the boys will start on it in just a sec... Just let me top off my tc and I'll be done with this one anyway, Cool? See you later..." So I go inside and check out cf for a while Finally get motivated and go to top off my tc and start cleaning up. I crawl under the xj without the fluid and ask my son to hand it to me "Its right there sitting in the back floorboard" He grabs the bottle thinking the cap is on and pours 1/3 a quart of dex on my back seat! Arggg.... I hurry up and ****** the seat out and put some gojo on it. Go inside and grab a pot of hot water, some laundry detergent & joy and mix up some upholstry cleaner and soak the seat... Been wanting to do the front seats as they are filthy.... Now would be the right time since I've got to do the back anyway... right? So I pull the front seats and get them soaking.. Been wanting to change that bent seat pan and now that it's out it'd be easy to get to So I pull one from one of my parts jeeps and strip it to the foam to transplant the cover to the new pan... Pull out the pressure washer and hit the seats... Wow they look like new! Man that carpet looks bad and I have all the seats out... If I wait, Ill have to pull the seats out again and Ive already got the cleaner and pw out. Pull the center console and carpet out and get the carpet soaking in solution.. Lets check out the floor pans. Hmmm, I knew it was rusted some over the muffler but man it's starting to spread fast, letting in alot of moisture... That's not good Everything is out now and it wouldn't take too long... So I cut out the rust area (about 12 x8) and grind it all down. Need to prime and paint all this right this time so I have no more trouble... So I hit all the pans with some rust preventive primer and brush on a heavy coat of rust stopping industrial enamel gloss... Need to go ahead and do the under side while i'm in this stuff right? So I'm up under it painting away lost in my work and I see the light move through the hole in the floor pan and low and behold my wife is staring down at me with the biggest grin I've ever seen! Don't get me wrong, she was pee'd but couldn't help but find it funny. Standing back looking at the mess I had to laugh as well. I started in the front yard cause I was only putting in a little fluid!!! Now I have all the mess she wanted cleaned up still there and the whole interior of my 93 xj The seat from the doner, A big road sign, jigsaw, grinder,pressure washer,drop cord coming out the house window lol, not to mention all the tools and other junk I unloaded from the xj to get all the seats and carpets out... What A mess! lol I tried but just couldn't convince her that topping of the tc fluid is really quite an involved process Oh well, Get it all put back together and cleaned up tomorrow. Love my Jeep! Now to get some rest... The couch isn't soo bad... Sort of like camping

Last edited by HighRoller; 01-08-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

Rofl
Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

YKYDAXJW.....
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L 6cyl I

Way too funny ! Hahahaha
Old 01-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: rebuilt 4.0

Thats great, It always happens like that!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 AM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

The couch isn't soo bad... Sort of like camping
My wife tried the couch as punishment once. I draped a sheet from the back of the couch down over the front so it was kind of like a tent and told her it was like camping.
Needless to say, she wasn't happy that punishment turned into fun for me. *shrug*
Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 HO

That started my day with a smile.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: 98 4.0 I6

haha thats hilarious
Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 99

ALOL.. That was a good one.. I totally do the same thing with mine.. Ya gotta multiply the time I give by like 2.5... 15 min becomes like 40 min.. And 2 hours def turns to 5.. Doesn't always leave people happy.. But that's the way she goes! (****ing way she goes, boys...) tpb quote..
Old 01-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Year: 88, 89, 93 & 99

So I just tightened the last nut on the seats and stepped back for a smoke break when the wife walked up to me and asked if I was finally done and could clean up now.... "Sure babe, its all back together but I still need to top off the tc real quick and then I'll be on it." LOL She didn't find it funny