Skrewed by 4wp again....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Skrewed by 4wp again....

So I have had my eye on a new D44 axel with an Eaton E-locker AND the Rubicon Express long arm kit for my rig.

I had a 15% off coupon from signing up for the Offroad Adventures mag/catalog.

On Black Friday I recieved an email promotion for 50% off install. I jumped at the opportunity and called in my order. My salesman Nick was very helpfull. He took my order and I prepaid for everything. My total was $4396 installed! I was happy. I waited 3-4 weeks for everything to arrive at my West Palm Beach, FL store.

Eagerly I went to drop the truck off Dec 31 for installation the following week. I was met with the manager (Jeff) saying that I had to pay an additional $1700 in labor for the installation. Obviously I told him no effin way. He basically said the salesman (Nick at headquarters) totally messed up quoting me labor. Not my problem.. Right!? I made him refund my $4396 to my debit card and I left.

Anyway this is the second time they have totally f$#%ed me. I'm going to say this once. 4 Wheel Parts can sufoma! I have unsubscribed from thier email list so there will be no chance of me getting sucked in again....

4wheelparts sucks G2 axels suck which is a 4wp product btw ... Couldn't resist. I'll go back in that store for one reason. To buy a 4wp sticker... Then I'm going to order a custom "SUCKS!" sticker from ebay and sport "4wp sucks" on my rig till I cool off.

So now I need to order another D44 from somebody. Any recomendations? 4.56's w/ Eaton E-locker is what I'm after.

Oddly enough I still want to upgrade to a long arm kit and have wondered if I should just by the Rusty's LA upgrade for $750. Toughts?

Happy New Year all!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Here is the Rusty's LA upgrade I am considering now. I already have enough spring and supporting hardware to get away with this basic kit.

I also just found this Mopar D44 for JK for $1164!! Is this correct? With disc brakes. This seems to good to be true. How does the axel width of a JK compare to an XJ? Do you think they are dual bolt pattern axels? I do need to stick to 5x4.5...
Old 01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First and foremost call the headquarters and file a complaint. You were given a quote for the parts and labor and you paid that amount in advance, they need to uphold their end of the deal. If they refuse to deal with you then inform them that you will file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Then forget Rusty's and order your lonarms from FrankZ in the vendor section of this forum.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by rmgXJ
Here is the Rusty's LA upgrade I am considering now. I already have enough spring and supporting hardware to get away with this basic kit.

I also just found this Mopar D44 for JK for $1164!! Is this correct? With disc brakes. This seems to good to be true. How does the axel width of a JK compare to an XJ? Do you think they are dual bolt pattern axels? I do need to stick to 5x4.5...
Search on Craigslist for the axle, I dont know about over in FL, but in Texas they can be had for a few hundred bucks.

And JK's have a 5x5 bolt pattern, and are a few inches wider- I believe 5-6".
Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 PM
CF Veteran

I wouldn't bother with Rustys LA.

pick up Staangs Fab LA kit. Email/call them, their prices vary based on steel prices THAT DAY. so the day you order is the price you pay even if it goes up by 500$ an ounce the next day.

www.staangsfab.com
Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 AM

Frankz arms look nice for sure. Thanks.

I live in south Florida so the market for used d44's is pretty scant. That's why I was looking to buy a complete unit built the way I want it. If I add up the total for parts it comes close to the price of the built axel.

Do you guys have any recomendations as to where to order a complete 3rd member?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

If you were quoted a price by a 4WP employee & that agreement was put in writing (i.e. your receipt), then I'm pretty sure 4WP is bound by law to honor that price. The same goes for any other business, as long as it's not an obvious misprint which will create an undue hardship for the company - y'know, like a car advertised for $300 instead of 30,000.
Report them (of course I wouldn't let them touch my vehicle after that - they could try to "get" that money out of your wallet another way). Oddly, this is the 3rd thread I have read today about 4WP screwing people. They're starting to sound like Glen & his cronies out there in Utah at Rocky Road Outfitters.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 High O
Default Whats up

hey im the guy that called u about the arms in LW just found u thought i would drop u a line and say whats up... I Can make u a SUCKS! decal for your truck just give me a style and how big u want it i would be happy to make it for you. black white blue green and some others just let me know you still have my num just give me a call and let me know
Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Year: 1998
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

Originally Posted by rmgXJ
So I have had my eye on a new D44 axel with an Eaton E-locker AND the Rubicon Express long arm kit for my rig.

I had a 15% off coupon from signing up for the Offroad Adventures mag/catalog.

On Black Friday I recieved an email promotion for 50% off install. I jumped at the opportunity and called in my order. My salesman Nick was very helpfull. He took my order and I prepaid for everything. My total was $4396 installed! I was happy. I waited 3-4 weeks for everything to arrive at my West Palm Beach, FL store.

Eagerly I went to drop the truck off Dec 31 for installation the following week. I was met with the manager (Jeff) saying that I had to pay an additional $1700 in labor for the installation. Obviously I told him no effin way. He basically said the salesman (Nick at headquarters) totally messed up quoting me labor. Not my problem.. Right!? I made him refund my $4396 to my debit card and I left.

Anyway this is the second time they have totally f$#%ed me. I'm going to say this once. 4 Wheel Parts can sufoma! I have unsubscribed from thier email list so there will be no chance of me getting sucked in again....

4wheelparts sucks G2 axels suck which is a 4wp product btw ... Couldn't resist. I'll go back in that store for one reason. To buy a 4wp sticker... Then I'm going to order a custom "SUCKS!" sticker from ebay and sport "4wp sucks" on my rig till I cool off.

So now I need to order another D44 from somebody. Any recomendations? 4.56's w/ Eaton E-locker is what I'm after.

Oddly enough I still want to upgrade to a long arm kit and have wondered if I should just by the Rusty's LA upgrade for $750. Toughts?

Happy New Year all!
Sorry to hear about that screw up. I can tell you as a former employee, that they are dicks all the way around. They are the last place that I would di business with...period.
Have you tried Florida 4x4? You may find a d44 there. Even if you have to go to Orlando to get it, you will save in the end.
There aren't very many reputable off road shops down here. Good luck finding one. If you do find one pm me I'd like to know. In the mean time ill be ordering my crap online or building it myself and installing it at work.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$4300? I hope they quoted you a happy ending as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0

I went to the store and told them I wanted a set of 2in lift shackles they said they didnt carry them and I said can you order them and they said no. so I went online found them. Got the part # and called the 1-800 number and I ordered theset of shackles from them. I paid for them in advance. That was last monday. They told me they would be in on friday and they gave me a tracking number. On friday I put the tracking number in the online order status and it showed they havent proccesed them so I called the 1-800 number and asked them they said they shipped and should be in monday. Well I called the 1-800 number monday and they said they couldnt look up that informating after a wth and some yelling I hung up. Called the local store and they said they were scheduled to arrive yesterday. Called them today and still no. I just hope I get them soon. And they are the right part
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by azxj99
I went to the store and told them I wanted a set of 2in lift shackles they said they didnt carry them and I said can you order them and they said no. so I went online found them. Got the part # and called the 1-800 number and I ordered theset of shackles from them. I paid for them in advance. That was last monday. They told me they would be in on friday and they gave me a tracking number. On friday I put the tracking number in the online order status and it showed they havent proccesed them so I called the 1-800 number and asked them they said they shipped and should be in monday. Well I called the 1-800 number monday and they said they couldnt look up that informating after a wth and some yelling I hung up. Called the local store and they said they were scheduled to arrive yesterday. Called them today and still no. I just hope I get them soon. And they are the right part
That sucks, and to think I was gonna buy some stuff from them too. Wouldn't it be nice if when your shackles finally get there, its like a 5 inch RE lift with a TC drop and such lol
Old 01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0

I would $&#@ my pants and run out of there and never look back
Old 01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001

I would $&#@ my pants and run out of there and never look back
Amen brotha
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
CF Veteran

wow... Thats why theres only 3 places that I order literally everything from. PJF Offroad, TMR Customs and Staangs Fab. If i cant get it from one of those 3, it doesnt exist.

Quick Reply: Skrewed by 4wp again....