Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seat Covers for 89 Limited Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Seat Covers for 89 Limited Suggestions

Just bought an 89 Ltd. with 46K miles, leather seats which were not my ideal choice but they are like new, honestly. Looking for seat covers that members here like, particularly for the back bench. I am a Miata owner (not a hairdresser ) and on miata.net members have been pleased with the Coverking neoprene covers available through Costco. I live in Central California where it can be over 100 degrees for weeks at a time and the neoprene covers appar to be a good solution. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and the Costco members price for the Coverking is $349 including S/H, a discount from the Coverking websiteprice. Anyone have these or maybe an alternative from a forum vendor?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1989 Limited
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: I-6 4.0L AMC Renix

I have an 89 limited as well! I need to get some also but it's more of a $$ reason as to why I haven't yet. I'd say anything that is made out of a sturdy (very sturdy) material and doesn't absorb heat too well (try not to go jet black because black absorbs heat while white reflects heat). I've seen some at pep boys fro $40-50 or around that but it's just for a single seat. for now you can just put a beach towel over the seat.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Why not mesh? I can imagine leather and neoprene being equally unappealing against ones skin.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where are you located? For example, suggest a trade if your local area. I know that if I had a pre-refresh Jeep with cloth and was local, I'd do a swap in a heartbeat, I love those leather seats.

I've always disliked seat covers. Even the custom fit ones - you can tell its just a cover.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BooGTS
Where are you located? For example, suggest a trade if your local area. I know that if I had a pre-refresh Jeep with cloth and was local, I'd do a swap in a heartbeat, I love those leather seats.

I've always disliked seat covers. Even the custom fit ones - you can tell its just a cover.

Central California and no way am I getting rid of them; Just want to keep them as they are-like new.
@Turbo X_J: Have you tried neoprene? I haven't either but a lot of convertible owners in similar climes say they are very comfortable, neither hot or cold.