rubicon express shipping

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default rubicon express shipping

So who has ordered from RE? I ordered a superflex 4.5 two weeks ago and they still don't have my parts. Kinda frustrating. Also got some bilsteins from shockwarehouse.com. two weeks also and they say wont ship till at least Monday. I will say iron rock off-road already sent my CC shaft and Sye. Which sucks cause that's the last thing I need. And they even needed to round up a used shaft. Anyone know anything about the first two?? I'm contemplating canceling my orders and getting everything from IRO
Old 01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

RE is well RE kinda paying for a name now their shipping has sucked as of late. Shockwarehouse dosn't keep their web site updated an a lot of the bilsteines are out of stock everywhere
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered Users

When I got my re kit it shipped next day, but some people have had issues with shocks and such being on backorder. Have you tried calling them?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:59 PM

Wow they uh saw my frustration I guess and one day shipped it. Awesome. Hopefully not too much is missing from being on back order
Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991

This is not tech.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my RE lift in a week. The shocks (Mono Tubes) took over three weeks to get.

RE does not keep a lot of XJ parts in stock. They dont sell a lot of parts for a now ten year old vehicle.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Keep in mind the state of our economy. If you want manufacturers and retailers to keep heavy stock on all items you'll need to be prepared to pay more for it.

Fact is the larger guys are slowing or lowering production as sales have dwindled. With this they dont have a baseline of expected sales and are guessing at what percentage to keep their inventory. Most retailers just have the items dropshipped anyway.

My point? Patience and ask questions on availability at time of order. If your in a hurry state so or find someone with stock on hand.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by OverlandXJ
Keep in mind the state of our economy. If you want manufacturers and retailers to keep heavy stock on all items you'll need to be prepared to pay more for it.

Fact is the larger guys are slowing or lowering production as sales have dwindled. With this they dont have a baseline of expected sales and are guessing at what percentage to keep their inventory. Most retailers just have the items dropshipped anyway.

My point? Patience and ask questions on availability at time of order. If your in a hurry state so or find someone with stock on hand.
Exactly
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
This is not tech.
My bad.

Also I did pay more. I went With RE in the first place.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM

X2
. Rubicon Express is still very much supporting Cherokees and producing parts and will continue the support. Please don't even think RE does not love the XJ!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
CF Veteran

Also because smaller companies are taking huge chunks out of their sales. More established companies are cutting down while smaller businesses are growing extremely well under the right leadership.