Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 94
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Rubicon express

TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS ANNOUNCES PURCHASE OF RUBICON EXPRESS
Posted on 05.02.11 by Lance, Filed under Press Releases, and Tagged With: 4wheel parts • rubicon express • tap • transamerican

Leading Off-Road Parts Supplier Continues Growth

May 2, 2011(Compton, CA) – TransAmerican Auto Parts, the nation’s leading retailer and supplier of off-road truck & Jeep accessories, has announced the purchase of Rubicon Express.
President and CEO Greg Adler stated, “This acquisition is a perfect fit for TransAmerican. Rubicon Express is the leader in the Jeep suspension category. Their heritage, founded on the famous Rubicon trails of Northern California, is deep in the hard core suspension performance. Jeep enthusiasts have come to know Rubicon Express as the ultimate system for their vehicles. Our 4Wheel Parts stores and our 4Wheel Drive Hardware business serve these enthusiasts and the Rubicon brand will strengthen this core segment. Our 25 years of experience in suspension manufacturing at Pro-Comp will help in the integration of the Rubicon business”.

“TransAmerican has made a number of strategic acquisitions to grow the business” Adler explained. “As the economy improves and our business continues to strengthen, it will allow us to look at more strategic opportunities such as Rubicon Express”, he added.

Founded in 1961, TransAmerican Auto Parts is the leading participant in the aftermarket parts and accessories for light trucks, Jeeps, sport utility vehicles, and other four-wheel drive vehicles. The Company sells tires and wheels, suspension systems, drive trains, accessories, and other products to consumers through 55 retail locations in 17 states under the 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers name, to more than 4,000 wholesale customers, including specialty auto parts stores, tire and wheel stores, repair and garage shops, internet retailers and jobbers under the TransAmerican Wholesale name. It also sells to consumers and businesses through mail order and internet operations under the 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers name. In addition, the Company operates a manufacturing business that sells tires and wheels, suspension systems and accessories under the Pro Comp and Smittybilt brand name, both through the Company’s own distribution channels as well as through third parties.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

That is some good news.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 94

maybe as long as its not pro comp stuff with a re sticker on it.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

Sweet, i thought they were out of business.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:04 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: inline 6 4.0 lt

does that make my RE lift that i got in january kind of like a classic? or what haha
Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

I won't trust this there is no info anywhere about this except on forums. I would be interested to see where this actually came from. Not that I don't think it might happen but there no proof. And actually just checked transamericans website and the last thing they posted anything about aquirering was gowarn.com in 2009. So I guess we will see.

Last edited by ultimate-xj; 05-03-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1991
Engine: 2001 4.0L

Originally Posted by ultimate-xj
I won't trust this there is no info anywhere about this except on forums. I would be interested to see where this actually came from. Not that I don't think it might happen but there no proof. And actually just checked transamericans website and the last thing they posted anything about aquirering was gowarn.com in 2009. So I guess we will see.
i have a few buddies that work at 4wp/transamerican, and one of them confirmed that transamerican did in fact buy rubicon express.

this is not just some conspirecy theory. this kind of attitude kills me! its kinda like the osama isnt dead attitiude . yup they are just gonna tell us that to make us warm and fuzzy.

at least now 4wp will have a good reputable name under their belt. im not a fan of pro comp or smittybuilt.

here is a link to the 4wp team site.

http://www.team4wheelparts.com/trans...bicon-express/

if that doesnt confirm it for ya, nothing will. google rocks!

Last edited by MallCrawlXJ; 05-04-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

Wow I didnt mean to offend. I don't know about you but I don't believe every thing I read on the Internet, except on forums because everything on there is 150% true all the time (or not). I just couldnt find anything on trans site about it. I don't find it suppressing that they did buy them. Thanks for the website and conformation.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered Users

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So re will be complete crap from now on.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 AM

Year: 1987/1996

i hope the quality doesn't go away. never was a fan of Pro Comp. allway thought of there stuff as on road lift kits. kinda like looky i lifted my what ever. it will never go off road. it is too shiny.