XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rolled the jeep... The build begins!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Rolled the jeep... The build begins!

Soooo I was drifting in a dirt lot and as I was leaving, the curb was closer than I thought so I hit the curb sideways and when the tires hooked on the pavement, the jeep flipped. Not my best moment. Everyone that was inside is fine but the jeeps dead. Insurance isn't going to cover a single penny so my plan is to find a cheap one and swap over all my parts. My question is what year and sub model do I need for all my parts to swap straight over? I have a 98 classic with d30 and chrysler 8.25. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:07 AM

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Rolled the jeep... The build begins!-image-2447821278.jpg   Rolled the jeep... The build begins!-image-3925730555.jpg   Rolled the jeep... The build begins!-image-2995382318.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

You dummy. lol

Just fix that one... Grafting a new roof on would be cheaper and easier than replacing the Jeep and swapping the parts... Or buy a little Honda to drive around and cut the roof off of that one, bolt in a cage and wheel it.

You like drifting. Sounds like you need a Subaru.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Seasoned Member

97-01 will be the same body style. 00-01 have a LP 30 vs HP 30 you have. Might wanna yank out your axle if that means anything to you.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lowrange2
You dummy. lol Just fix that one... Grafting a new roof on would be cheaper and easier than replacing the Jeep and swapping the parts... Or buy a little Honda to drive around and cut the roof off of that one, bolt in a cage and wheel it. You like drifting. Sounds like you need a Subaru.
yeaaaa haha it wasn't the brightest thing I've done.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 AM

So if I were to get a pre 97 xj, what wouldn't swap over?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you trying to swap over? Your wheels and tires? Or what?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:02 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.6 Stroker

Cool pictures though! Post pics of your rebuild too, everyone likes a good comeback story!

Good luck!

Old 02-23-2014, 11:10 AM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

No more donuts for me!!!! My friend bought a jeep that had been rolled. Cut the roof off welded in a cage with a roof on it and away he goes.
Attached Thumbnails Rolled the jeep... The build begins!-kerrysjeep.jpg  

Last edited by pstrman; 02-23-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 02-23-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mr white
What are you trying to swap over? Your wheels and tires? Or what?
well I'm trying to find one for real cheap and swap over whatever I need to but I was thinking at least the lift and the tires and my engine and trans are fine so I'm just hoping to find one with a blown motor for cheap and throw my engine in it
Old 02-23-2014, 12:24 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by zumer715
Soooo I was drifting in a dirt lot and as I was leaving, the curb was closer than I thought so I hit the curb sideways and when the tires hooked on the pavement, the jeep flipped. Not my best moment. Everyone that was inside is fine but the jeeps dead. Insurance isn't going to cover a single penny so my plan is to find a cheap one and swap over all my parts. My question is what year and sub model do I need for all my parts to swap straight over? I have a 98 classic with d30 and chrysler 8.25. Thanks!
This is the kind of crap that gives the offroad community a bad name. Go buy a Lancer Evo and hit the track. Looks like you were in a residential area to boot. You admitted your stupidity, so that's a start. Learn from your mistake and move on. Preferably in a ricer, LMAO....do the community a favor and keep the dirt play in designated areas in the future. That's one expensive and embarrassing lesson right there....
Old 02-23-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L HO

Originally Posted by Lowrange2
Just fix that one... Grafting a new roof on would be cheaper and easier than replacing the Jeep and swapping the parts

^This, It doesn't look too bad, hard to tell from the pics but the pillars appear to be straight (or at the very least not crumpled or kinked) with the damage mostly limited to the roof sheet metal and upper windshield frame. Grafting in a roof section from a donor shouldn't be too difficult. You can probably get it pretty close with a bottle jack, some lumber (a porta-power do an even better/easier job), and a BFH.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by roninofako
This is the kind of crap that gives the offroad community a bad name. Go buy a Lancer Evo and hit the track. Looks like you were in a residential area to boot. You admitted your stupidity, so that's a start. Learn from your mistake and move on. Preferably in a ricer, LMAO....do the community a favor and keep the dirt play in designated areas in the future. That's one expensive and embarrassing lesson right there....
I don't know, I've driven by empty dirt lots and thought, 'that would be fun.' I guess the difference is that I didn't do it which probably has more to do with my age than worries about off-road decorum. When you get old, you tend to think way too far ahead for your own good... or maybe not, lol.

I'm pretty sure everything from '97-'01 will swap over.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 PM

If you were doing that in my neighborhood, that JEEP would be in worse condition than that. Driving is a privilege and a responsibility. How it is that you're not in jail right now is beyond me. Reckless endangerment, speeding, if those that were in the JEEP with you were under 18 there would be child endangerment charges (felonies in NY)....

The last thing you need to do right now is worry about another vehicle.

I urge the moderators and admin of this forum to report this member to the local authorities for investigation.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by zumer715

Saved for authorities.

Quick Reply: Rolled the jeep... The build begins!