Recruiting new members

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check
Default Recruiting new members

Last night coming home from the bar I had to stop at a gas station so my buddie could grab a pack of smokes. I saw a newer XJ sport parked, so I did what all real Jeep owners do and I parked next to it. Unfortunately I was in the TJ (XJ still needs psteering pump), but the owner of the XJ was in the truck and took notice of the mud covered TJ. In the rain the lady got out, and complimented me on the Jeep, and told me she was jealous. We actually got to talking, I mentioned I also had an XJ, and suggested she find this forum and join.

Well, I log in this morning and she did! PM'd me her info, and let me know her user name!

***Welcome to you tchapes09!!*** Hope you make an into thread!!!

I'm pretty excited! I've got a few people around me in the Milwaukee area that have Cherokees and wanna wheel!

And on a side note, this lady is a lady. Not the typical off road type, and she seemed just as excited as I am about wheeling.

It just goes to show you, no matter what anyone tells you, there will always be cool people around that you don't expect to meet. I saw a thread about a guy who was told he would not like a specific club because he is a man of color. Dumb, it really is, and it shouldn't happen. I'm really glad I met this lady, and I hope she joins up and wheels regularly. Maybe others will join because of the "out of the norm" wheelers!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1986
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.8L V6

Awesome to hear great stories like this one. The spirit and community is another (of the million) reasons I love my Jeep!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche
Engine: 4.0

sounds to me that we should get a SE WI area meet and greet going...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 89eliminator
sounds to me that we should get a SE WI area meet and greet going...
HELL. YES.

I'd LOVE to see something like this happen. I'm really wanting to meet and get together with some people who share the same enthusiasm for motorsports, especially the off road type. All my friends are either into fast cars and only fast cars, or they like off roading but don't have anything to off road with.

The only problem I have is distance. I'm not super comfortable taking my XJ on a road trip more than 200 miles or so out of my area. AAA doesn't tow for free over 100 miles. :/ It would be different if I had a reliable tow vehilce with a car dolly, as of right now the Pipeline and the Badlands are just out of reach.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7

i finally got my best friend into the cherokee world, he got a lifted 96 and so the first thing he did was make a cherokee forum account, a lot of my friends are starting to get into our addiction and its so awesome
Old 10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche

Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee
HELL. YES.

I'd LOVE to see something like this happen. I'm really wanting to meet and get together with some people who share the same enthusiasm for motorsports, especially the off road type. All my friends are either into fast cars and only fast cars, or they like off roading but don't have anything to off road with.

The only problem I have is distance. I'm not super comfortable taking my XJ on a road trip more than 200 miles or so out of my area. AAA doesn't tow for free over 100 miles. :/ It would be different if I had a reliable tow vehilce with a car dolly, as of right now the Pipeline and the Badlands are just out of reach.
we dont necessarily have to go wheeling. we could just meet up at a restaurant or something like that and bs about Jeeps. thats how i met a lot of jeep friends that i know.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 89eliminator
we dont necessarily have to go wheeling. we could just meet up at a restaurant or something like that and bs about Jeeps. thats how i met a lot of jeep friends that i know.
Oh, yeah, I know. I was just saying that the only "meets" in my area have been quite far, and usually involve wheeling of sorts.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

This guy was asked not to join.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Bustedback
This guy was asked not to join.

This coming from a guy with a shark-truck for an avatar?

I've always wanted to know...whats the scoop on the shark? I'm really curious...
Old 10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

"candy gram....special delivery.....land shark"

For those old enough to remember the SNL bit.

Just a picture I found on the net, my first avatar was found to be a little less family friendly so I changed it to this.

These guys can join.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Bustedback; 10-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

My buddy just picked up a beat mj that we are currently building for the trails. Im excited, thier is a distinct lack of decent guys to wheel with around here. though I have found a few. I have taken to packing my mountain bike as well as all my other gear due to hitting the trails alone.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 ltr

Awesome Gee oh Dee...

I have a buddy with a sweet lifted XJ... but he isn't much into the internet. Pretty busy guy but has one hell of a nice XJ.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: '89
Engine: 242

While we may live & lead different lives, its our Jeeps (and the "wheeling world") that brings us together as one family.

Heres a good example of that, which happened to me.

One day, I was just watching a movie when all of a sudden, someone knocks on my door.
I answer it, and its a guy I dont know. He says "Hi, my name is Brian and Im wondering if you can help me out, Im stuck in some mud?"
I was about to say No, when he said "I thought my Cherokee could make it."
I responded with "Oh, you own a Cherokee too!? Let me just grab my coat."

I later then found out, that when he had got stuck, while walking over to a friends place,
he happen to notice my Cherokee outside and decided to see if Ide help.