Rant about ****ty cops and my jeep

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 i6
Default Rant about ****ty cops and my jeep

First off, I hate most cops and they hate me for some reason.
I was at my local gas station getting some much needed dino juice and noticed my right tail light was out (wiring I think). This was just after I'd had the thing torn apart earlier that day cleaning and fixing junk. As soon as I turn the key over the cops turns on his lights while I'm outside of the jeep trying to fix the damn light and goes completely nuts on me. Asking me for my license, reg, insurance. Starts making up some story about how I almost hit somebody blowing through a stop sign (BS) and threatening me with jail. I gave him my info but I couldn't find my insurance card so he goes absolutely nuts telling me how terrible I am for driving like an ******* and being illegal. Ends up writing me a few tickets and towing my heep.

I think he had a bad day or something because I even offered to go get my insurance card from my house, seeing as it's only two blocks away.

Honestly I was this was a joke. I know I should've had the card but was it necessary for him to be so mean about it? I was just getting gas and didn't even leave the parking lot lol. Either way I'm about to go get it out of impound. If they try to overcharge me I'm going to have a serious problem. I know they laws and my bill should only be 70/hour and 15/outside storage.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

Cops have high incident rates for alcoholism and domestic violence, if he wouldn't have ran into you that day he probably would have went home and beat his wife.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

There always 3 sides to the story. His side, their side, and then the truth.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

I think there are parts to the story are missing, People don't get randomly pulled over unless they are of Aferican American or hispanic descent , Are you either of those Races ? If not you probably did a rolling stop and got busted ........ Also being a smartass and or have an attitue with LEO's usually makes the situation worse and gives them a hard on for tossing the book at ya ! It took me years to learn that when I was a punk kid
Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Moderator CF K9-unit

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 2000 sport
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: New 4.0l from s&j engines

Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Moderator CF K9-unit

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 2000 sport
Engine: New 4.0l from s&j engines

This says it all

Last edited by Dumajones; 12-07-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 AM

I've had problems a few years ago and they can't let it go. They love to mess with me in my old town. I'm 95% sure I've never ran a stop sign or nearly killed anyone.
I asked him when he got the complaint and he wouldn't tell me.
In my extremely small town the police don't have much to do so they're extra hardkore about everything. lol. As of now I'm dealing with a few other problems so they're trying to break me it seems. Either way the $150 tow bill still isn't justified by not having my insurance card in a gas station paking lot.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM

And to top if off I had just got done replacing my tie rods and fixing my trac bar mount! grrr..
I'm not mad I just find it ridiculous, honestly.
I guess if I was having a bad day I'd be mean to innocent civilians too!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Is it a state law that you have proof of insurance? If it is, did you have it? If you didn't, why are you shocked? Seems you have a penchant for trouble with 5-0, and until you follow the letter of the law, you will continue to have them. You said yourself you don't like cops. It probably comes through to them crystal clear that you don't, and nothing pisses off the law more than lack of respect, deserved or not. As far as being in the parking lot....you had to drive to get there, yes?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:23 AM
kgm
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 99

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I think there are parts to the story are missing, People don't get randomly pulled over unless they are of Aferican American or hispanic descent , Are you either of those Races ? If not you probably did a rolling stop and got busted ........ Also being a smartass and or have an attitue with LEO's usually makes the situation worse and gives them a hard on for tossing the book at ya ! It took me years to learn that when I was a punk kid
Think again. White european mutt and I was constantly harassed by the Chicago Police department, as was pretty much every single other person who lives in that **** hole city.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by roninofako
Is it a state law that you have proof of insurance? If it is, did you have it? If you didn't, why are you shocked? Seems you have a penchant for trouble with 5-0, and until you follow the letter of the law, you will continue to have them. You said yourself you don't like cops. It probably comes through to them crystal clear that you don't, and nothing pisses off the law more than lack of respect, deserved or not. As far as being in the parking lot....you had to drive to get there, yes?
I'm assuming it's law.
I was extremely nice about the hole situation, they have such a power trip it's mind boggling. I did drive it, but I turned it over and was walking to the hatch area as he turned his lights on.
He no ZERO reason to pull me over as I wasn't driving, nobody was in the drivers seat, non-stated owned property nor complaints, and there was no way in hell he knew what I was doing.
Is it not profiling of some sort?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Michael952
I'm assuming it's law.
I was extremely nice about the hole situation, they have such a power trip it's mind boggling. I did drive it, but I turned it over and was walking to the hatch area as he turned his lights on.
He no ZERO reason to pull me over as I wasn't driving, nobody was in the drivers seat, non-stated owned property nor complaints, and there was no way in hell he knew what I was doing.
Is it not profiling of some sort?
You stated you've had run-ins with them. You're a marked man in a small town. Get used to it if you continue to break the law, no matter how small or petty it may seem. If you don't give them a reason to harass you, they will stop doing so eventually. Once they learn they no longer have an easy target they'll move to the next easy target. You said you had turned the vehicle over, so keys are in the ignition? That's called intent, as in you intended to drive your car, the keys are in the ignition, and it is running. Doesn't matter if it's a parking lot or your own driveway.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1995

Just stay on the straight and narrow and he'll move on to someone else, look on the bright side, you may have saved his wife from a beating that night.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by roninofako
You stated you've had run-ins with them. You're a marked man in a small town. Get used to it if you continue to break the law, no matter how small or petty it may seem. If you don't give them a reason to harass you, they will stop doing so eventually. Once they learn they no longer have an easy target they'll move to the next easy target. You said you had turned the vehicle over, so keys are in the ignition? That's called intent, as in you intended to drive your car, the keys are in the ignition, and it is running. Doesn't matter if it's a parking lot or your own driveway.
That's incredibly corrupt. That's like saying I can't start my modded lawnmower in my garage before mowing my lawn! i'm moving to mexico, screw this
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Michael952
That's incredibly corrupt. That's like saying I can't start my modded lawnmower in my garage before mowing my lawn! i'm moving to mexico, screw this
Corrupt or not, the law is on their side. Have a couple of tequila slammers for me, LOL

Quick Reply: Rant about ****ty cops and my jeep